GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8: 9/30 4PM at Penguins (TV: NHLN-US)

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Forsberg has looked extremely impressive.
PLD making some pretty dumb decisions on the PP.
The D looks pretty strong. Especially Seth and Savard, Z as well.
Siebenaler looks pretty lost.
Panarin has looked decent. Has had some wicked one timers on the PP.
Foligno looks very engaged. Love it.
Penalty fest... absurd. Indifferent.

'Tis the preseason!

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Korpisalo is garbage. Making Forsberg look like a Vezina goalie. I still can't believe we signed him, when he hasn't played a good game his whole career.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
It's preseason so it's more open than the regular season, but I like our transition and our skating right now. Our breakout passes are pretty good as well.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Some bad luck on Korpi on that 3rd goal but.. he has looked pretty brutal so far. Against a Chicago team that literally has 1-2 regulars. Yikes

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
For PLD saying he was going to play aggressively and lay it all out there, he isn't inspiring much confidence, at least from me.

I've kind have been in the same boat. I know most people are penciling him into the lineup (especially if Anderson isn't there) but I'm not 100% sold based on what I've seen so far in camp and this game. There are lots of bubble guys to choose from. I hope we don't choose to take him just because his benefit of development from another year in junior wouldn't be great.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I've kind have been in the same boat. I know most people are penciling him into the lineup (especially if Anderson isn't there) but I'm not 100% sold based on what I've seen so far in camp and this game. There are lots of bubble guys to choose from. I hope we don't choose to take him just because his benefit of development from another year in junior wouldn't be great.

Abramov has been more noticeable to me . That was interference

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Honestly, my level of impressed by PLD on a scale of 1-10 is currently sitting at a solid 4.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Nick Moutrey has looked pretty solid, not gonna lie. Especially that last shift. Buzzing around the ice. Just missed out on a goal.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This might be exactly what Torts wanted. Lots of coachable moments, plus he gets to give them the "so, you guys think you're pretty great because you were good last year?!?" talk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad