GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8: 9/30 4PM at Penguins (TV: NHLN-US)

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Streaming info

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news/jackets-2017-preseason-games-viewing-options/c-291147162

Livestream coverage of the Blue Jackets' home preseason games will feature the Nationwide Arena videoboard feed accompanied by the radio broadcast and be available through the club's NHL-defined broadcast territory, including most of Ohio and parts of Kentucky and West Virginia. All preseason games will be broadcast live on the radio in Columbus on 1460 ESPN, with the exception of the September 30 contest at Pittsburgh that will be carried on CD102.5 FM.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Wonder if the Hawks are gonna have Forsberg play? Would be fun to see the two goalies that were fighting for the back up spot here duke it out on the ice. For any Hawk fans that may stumble in, who is Forsberg fighting with to back up Crawford?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Going to be there tonight. Only fun thing about the first preseason game is watching the young guys working hard to impress. Vets will play to get in game shape, and try not to get injured.

I'll try and watch certain guys and let you know what I think tomorrow, but it looks like you can watch the stream, and decide for yourselves.

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
PROJECTED LINEUPS VIA NHL.COM

PROJECTED CBJ LINEUP:

Panarin - Dubois - Foligno
Broadhurst - Camper - Abramov
Motte - Vigneault - Moutrey
Hännikäinen - Sedlak - Koules

Carlsson - Jones
Werenski - Siebenaler
Kukan - Savard

Korpisalo
Kivlenieks

Really excited to see Panarin, PLD, and Abramov. Really hoping PLD & Abramov excel as I would love to see them both playing opening night against NYI.

Cheers,

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Pretty awesome story. This kid Koules is so far down the hockey food chain, he played the Bucci OT challenge game all the time last year on Twitter :)

I will bet you $1000 that he is a high-energy ball of effort and Torts is using him as a, "This needs to be your effort for 8 months." kind of message. And it rewards a guy who looks to be a career minor-leaguer. Hope he does well.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
What's the story on this Camper fellow in our line-up tonight? I have never heard of him before.

Carter Camper. He signed a two year deal with Cleveland. He's an Ohioan, product of Miami. This is his 2nd stint with the Jackets. He was traded to Columbus by Boston a few years ago but wasn't resigned.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
PROJECTED LINEUPS VIA NHL.COM

PROJECTED CBJ LINEUP:

Panarin - Dubois - Foligno
Broadhurst - Camper - Abramov
Motte - Vigneault - Moutrey
Hännikäinen - Sedlak - Koules

Carlsson - Jones
Werenski - Siebenaler
Kukan - Savard

Korpisalo
Kivlenieks

Really excited to see Panarin, PLD, and Abramov. Really hoping PLD & Abramov excel as I would love to see them both playing opening night against NYI.

Cheers,

PLD is getting the golden ticket tryout tonight. I know it's preseason, but if he Panarin and PLD can find some chemistry and carry it through the preseason and into the reg season he might at the very least get an extended look with Panarin.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I'll be making the trip to the game tonight with my girlfriend... I'm ready to watch hockey again, granted it's pre-season and Chicago is sending pretty much nobody lol. Roster's interesting enough on our side with Panarin, Abramov, PLD, Carlsson, Werenski, Jones. Also get a chance to see Kivlenieks.

After the first couple shifts- I'll probably just focus in on just watching PLD, Abramov, Carlsson.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Carter Camper. He signed a two year deal with Cleveland. He's an Ohioan, product of Miami. This is his 2nd stint with the Jackets. He was traded to Columbus by Boston a few years ago but wasn't resigned.
With him in camp, the puns write themselves. :D

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I take preseason chemistry with a mountain of salt after Saad-Johansen-Foligno

Hello fellow cynic! :laugh:
Instead of focusing on lines, I'm going to be looking at some of the bubble guys and how they handle things (especially when they need to make quick decisions). Hockey as much mental as physical.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

...or Torts knows the former owner of the Lightning and wanted to do him a favor. ;)

https://theathletic.com/105519/2017...magic-moment-for-a-hardworking-camp-prospect/

There’s a funny back story to all of this. If Tortorella were a lesser man, the back story would not have worked in Miles Koules’ favor, at all. He might not even be at camp.

Koules’ father, Oren, is a Hollywood producer of the Saw psycho-slasher horror movie series as well as the TV sit-com Two And A Half Men.

In 2008, he became an NHL owner when he purchased the Tampa Bay Lightning. Tortorella was the Lightning coach, but not for long after Koules bought the club.

“He fired me,†Tortorella said.

Told that Koules denied a role in the firing, Tortorella brightened. “Oh, that’s ********. You can tell Oren he’s full of ****.â€

They can hash it out tonight, maybe. Oren, who went to two training camps with Chicago in the early 1980s but never played in an exhibition game, is traveling to Columbus tonight to watch in Nationwide. He declined comment when reached by The Athletic, saying he wanted the focus to be on Miles tonight.

Tortorella said he’s happy for the family.

“I looked past all that, yeah,†he said. “His son has had a really good camp. I told him on the ice, I think you’ve had a really good camp. Just go play now. Iâ™m thrilled for the kid.â€

Aestivalis

Oct 29, 2013
Wonder if the Hawks are gonna have Forsberg play? Would be fun to see the two goalies that were fighting for the back up spot here duke it out on the ice. For any Hawk fans that may stumble in, who is Forsberg fighting with to back up Crawford?

Forsberg should be playing tonight. His competition is JF Berube, if you can call it competition. One of the two will get waived in order to go down to the AHL, we'll have to see who performs better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad