GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8: 9/30 4PM at Penguins (TV: NHLN-US)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Every team will have injuries, may as well start the season giving the 13th and 14th guys game action so if they have to play later, they would have some NHL experience this year.

Guilty of glass half-full :)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Panarin's goal was actually that type of goals, which any NHLer must score. The main part of it was that pass. But of course Panarin has added a lot to the team. Considering, he can shoot and pass equally good, and has an elite stickhandling skill, it's hard to play against any line he's on, especially the line with some other very good talents on it. Add to them those defensemen, and you'll see a lot of problems for any opponents.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Sure hope we get this deal done with Duchene soon. Days like today , where Wennberg refuses to shoot the puck , will only hurt the Panarin / Atkinson line . If no one respects Wennbergs ability to beat them with the shot they will play the passing lane and give him open looks , they will also sag off him. That line has too much talent for Wennberg too be sub par on the face off , and refuse to shoot the puck

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Loved Bob's game today.
Team looks really good. Excited for this season.
Just gotta put this Anderson business to rest one way or another. Trade, or tell him he's not playing.... CBJ have Milano and Dubois threatening to make the team.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
1 preseason game or not, this is a very good team. I don't think the difference between Panarin and Saad has been fully realized quite yet. I am thinking that Atkinson and Panarin should be split up at even strength. I don't want either guy to feel "forced" to feed the other guy.
Panarin-Wennberg-Foligno
Dubois-Dubi-Atkinson
Calvert/Anderson-Sedlak-Bjork
Calvert/Motte/Schroeder-Dalpe-Milano

Jenner displaces either Dubois or Sedlak

Also wondering what those who think "negatively" of Murray's skating think of Carlsson's skating?

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Okay.......goodbye preseason.
Like a semi-close relative that comes to stay at your house, you are glad to see them when they arrive, they provide a little insight but don't reveal too much about other semi-close relatives, and you are just as glad when they are departing.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Sure hope we get this deal done with Duchene soon. Days like today , where Wennberg refuses to shoot the puck , will only hurt the Panarin / Atkinson line . If no one respects Wennbergs ability to beat them with the shot they will play the passing lane and give him open looks , they will also sag off him. That line has too much talent for Wennberg too be sub par on the face off , and refuse to shoot the puck
I honestly am stumped how anyone can say one bad thing about how that line played, it was complete domination against a good Penguins team. Wennberg has been shooting the puck a lot more than in comparison to his rookie year. These things take time, it's the best league in the world.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I like the numbers on the back, but there's too much red trim around the numbers on the sleeves.

The overall shape just looks very odd to me.

I don't mind the single numbers like Jones, Werenski, Panarin, etc.. but when its double digits it just looks so clunky.

IMO.. On the other the font with the names looks cool / fits our team character/history well.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Tend to agree with thebus88 that Cam and the Breadman may need to be split at some point, PP notwithstanding. The one caveat would be if Bjork gets off to a fast start.

Reactions: Cowumbus

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Tend to agree with thebus88 that Cam and the Breadman may need to be split at some point, PP notwithstanding. The one caveat would be if Bjork gets off to a fast start.
I was thinking Wenny and Panarin might be split up. They're the two best play makers on the team.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
So, apparently Jenner has a back injury. He had one before, so I wonder if this is something to do with that previous injury. And what the hell is it about the CBJ and these serious back injuries. Hope the team insured his contract, because this doesn't sound good at all.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I was thinking Wenny and Panarin might be split up. They're the two best play makers on the team.

That's certainly possible. My thinking is based on Cam having a great knack for creating his own shot opportunities. Last year he set a career high in goals while playing often with Dubi and Jenner, neither of whom are deft playmakers, so I believe he will still score independently 5 on 5.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
That's certainly possible. My thinking is based on Cam having a great knack for creating his own shot opportunities. Last year he set a career high in goals while playing often with Dubi and Jenner, neither of whom are deft playmakers, so I believe he will still score independently 5 on 5.

Definitely agree, although taking Atkinson off the first line and replacing him with Foligno sort of puts the entire forward group out of flux...who's going to play 3C then?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Definitely agree, although taking Atkinson off the first line and replacing him with Foligno sort of puts the entire forward group out of flux...who's going to play 3C then?

Actually I'd flip Cam and Bjork in the lines from the other night:
Breadman-Wennberg-Bjork
Dubois-Foligno-Cam

Yes, it's playing Bjork a line up but he has some of the skills most similar to Cam making it the most complimentary slot shift.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Breadman-Wennberg-Bjork
Dubois-Foligno-Cam

Yes, it's playing Bjork a line up but he has some of the skills most similar to Cam making it the most complimentary slot shift.

I'd be okay with that. I'd actually like to see Milano play with Panarin or Dubois. Like I said before, I would love a Milano - Dubois - Bjorkstrand line when they get some more experience.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Cam 3 SOG, Panarin 2 SOG, Wennberg 2 SOG. Nobody else with more than 2. Please let this go. It's wrong and tiresome
Tell that to Torts, who in his postgame was very adamant about Wennberg shooting more. Or maybe just check the stats. Wennberg had 109 shots last year, tied for 225th out of 590 forwards. He definitely needs to shoot more, and a good example was last night at the end of the 2nd period right before the horn sounded. Panarin gave him a beautiful feed with a gaping net, and he passed it to Cam.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Breadman-Wennberg-Bjork
Dubois-Foligno-Cam

That is quite a compliment to Bjork, putting him on the 1st line. I also like how his game complements Cam's and makes swapping them a bit lateral, in some ways.

I'll see myself out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad