GDT: Rolling Preseason GDT | Game 8: 9/30 4PM at Penguins (TV: NHLN-US)

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
Good
Harrington - He must have poke checked 5-6 puck off of sticks and had a couple of shots
Milano - Seems to have found 2 extra gears. Plays really hard all over the ice
Wennberg line - when they tighten this up it will be daunting
Motte - All around solid
Jones - As always
Dubois - Also played hard and added some bite

Honorable Mention
Bittner - Should get more of a look
Dalpe - NHL skills, probably won't find room
Mitchell - Won't make it but is a competent call up
Carlsson - Was -2 but played decently

Bad
Nuti - If he didn't have a body of work to rely on he'd already be on a bus
Collins - He's big. That's the best I can say
Bob - Hey it's early

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Is it time to start worrying about how bad the defense looks yet? (It's only preseason, it's only preseason, breathe, breathe)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Is it time to start worrying about how bad the defense looks yet? (It's only preseason, it's only preseason, breathe, breathe)

I feel like I know who the defenders are and I'm not worried about them. They'll get back to the system by opening night.

A couple guys who I'm not 100% sure about are Savard and Murray. Savard was top pair quality last year, by my eye test and by most any metric. Will he do it again? And Murray's skating was terrible last year. Will it get better?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Obviously due to the board changes this is a bit late.

I actually enjoyed the St. Louis game. Thought both teams, pretty much entirely made up of NHL wanna-be's, played hard and fast. As far as the CBJ were concerned I thought there were a few guys that really stepped up their game. I thought Milano looked good again, but he seems to throw a lot of no look passes into no-mans land that connect with no one. Bjork had his best game of the pre-season, as did Nuti. Savard was his usual solid self. PLD is going to make the team. Very solid play. Fun game for a pre-season tilt with few regulars in the line-up.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Obviously due to the board changes this is a bit late.

I actually enjoyed the St. Louis game. Thought both teams, pretty much entirely made up of NHL wanna-be's, played hard and fast. As far as the CBJ were concerned I thought there were a few guys that really stepped up their game. I thought Milano looked good again, but he seems to throw a lot of no look passes into no-mans land that connect with no one. Bjork had his best game of the pre-season, as did Nuti. Savard was his usual solid self. PLD is going to make the team. Very solid play. Fun game for a pre-season tilt with few regulars in the line-up.
Sometimes it's better to pass the puck into an open area near your guy so that he can get to it rather than try to force a pass through skates or traffic.

But it's not something you want to make a habit of doing

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Watching the stream...

Jackets open the scoring. Verrrrry soft goal given up by Rinne. Bjork scores. PLD and fligs with the assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad