Karlsson does not play (7GR)
McDavid plays Ducks at home (7GR)
MacKinnon does not play (7GR)
Lee does not play (7GR)
Kucherov does not play (7GR)

gearmex

Dec 28, 2016
Finland
Laine another 0 goal game...he is gonna lose this race soon if no wake up. Last 6 games with only one game with goals.

Last edited:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Laine another 0 goal game...he is gonna lose this race soon if no wake up. Last 6 games with only one game with goals.
Half glass full.

He wasnt even in the race beginning of Feb.
He really did well so far the last 6 weeks.

He might be good for 4-5 goals more with 7 games left. Unless there is another hat trick in there.

48 goals will be very tight against Ovie and Malkin.

Nice if he wins it though.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
There are tightly packed horde of great hockey players trailing the leading rocket racers this year. Nothing is yet ensured for anybody.

44-43-42-39-39-39-39-38-38...

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
He doesn't need to wake up from anything, he's been playing well. Look at the teams he has to face in this stretch. The top 3 defensive teams in the league in LA, Nashville and the Bruins coming up, and the Ducks are top 10 defensively in the league as well.

It'll even up as 5 of the last 7 games are against teams in the bottom half of the league in defence, 4 in the bottom 10

Reactions: Ippenator

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
There are tightly packed horde of great hockey players trailing the leading rocket racers this year. Nothing is yet ensured for anybody.

44-43-42-39-39-39-39-38-38...
Those with 38 goals might be in tough to win it. With 7 games left. They will need atleast 10 goals to make it.

One of Ovie , Malkin or Laine might get cold but not 3 of them.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Feel like the chances are still coming for Laine. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go on a bit of a tear here in the last stretch of games.

I’m predicting he finishes with 49. Whether that’s enough for the Rocket remains to be seen.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
No worries, Laine hasn't gone cold. He has been getting chances and hit a few posts. I'd be worried if he didn't get shots on goal or scoring chances, but he has been as good as ever IMO, and it's just a matter of time until he has a multi goal game again.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I think he's been better than during his hot streak, he's looked dominant and hit a couple of posts as Scheifelaine said. If those had gone in he'd be at 45 already.
Otherwise I agree, but his shot has been a tad off in the last few games. And I’m not meaning just those posts, as that is just unlucky, but he has in fact been shooting several shots quite badly wide or high, which didn’t really happen as much during his hot streak. I think injuries might make it much easier to loose some of the accuracy that he has at best. At least so far this has been the case after his injuries last season and this season.

Otherwise he has definitely looked lately quite dominant with his skating and puck control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad