Rocket Watch Thread

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
The sights are out on our sniper’s rifle. Needs a hat trick in the next game to really make this interesting.

Maybe the media should ask Laine about his play. He’s usually pretty tough on himself and when he calls himself out he turns it up on the ice.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Paring it down now to top 5 and ties

IMG_0781.jpg

Reactions: LAINEC

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Our schedule is significantly easier for the next few games. Nothing is a cakewalk, but Nashville, Anaheim, Boston etc are much different than chicago, calgary, montreal etc....

Never know.....

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Today's watch

Ovechkin plays Rangers at home (6GR)
Laine does not play (6GR)
Malkin does not play (5GR)
McDavid does not play (5GR)
Staal does not play (6GR)
Karlsson plays Coyotes at home (6GR)

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
At the beginning of the season I put $100 on Ovie to win the The Rocket in a local hockey pool. I would give that up in a second for Laine to win...

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Caps tied it with a minute to go and win in OT......but the Great8 did not score.

The Russian Rocket

Nov 18, 2017
With only 5-6 games remaining it's a 3 way race. Laine needs to score a couple in the next few games to keep pace with Ovie. With a 4 game long goalless and pointless streak, Laine is due to get back on the score sheet soon.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
With only 5-6 games remaining it's a 3 way race. Laine needs to score a couple in the next few games to keep pace with Ovie. With a 4 game long goalless and pointless streak, Laine is due to get back on the score sheet soon.

If he keeps playing the way he has, very probable. It's not like he had played badly or hasn't got chances, he's just been missing them more than he usually does. I think potting one might be the thing that puts him back on track. He has looked like being a bit snakebitten the past few games.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Today's watch

Ovechkin does not play (5GR)
Laine plays in Chicago (6GR)
Malkin plays in Jersey (5GR)
McDavid plays in Vancouver (5GR)
Staal plays in Dallas (6GR)
Karlsson does not play (5GR)

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Laine and Ovi both seem to be on mini slumps - here's hoping Laine ends his first before it's too late :yo:

Reactions: LAINEC

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Today’s watch

Ovechkin plays Hurricanes at home (5GR)
Laine does not play (5GR)
Malkin does not play (4 GR)
McDavid does not play (4GR)
Staal does not play (5GR)
Karlsson plays Blues at home (5GR)

The Russian Rocket

Nov 18, 2017
Is McDavid going to come from behind and steal the Rocket?
No, he is 4 goals behind Ovechkin who has 1 more game left than him. And since McDavid has only 4 games remaining, even if he scored goal per game he would still only tie Ovi, considering Ovi doesn't score a single goal for the rest of the season. What are the odds for that to happen? Very slim

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
No, he is 4 goals behind Ovechkin who has 1 more game left than him. And since McDavid has only 4 games remaining, even if he scored goal per game he would still only tie Ovi, considering Ovi doesn't score a single goal for the rest of the season. What are the odds for that to happen? Very slim

Ten days ago he was ten goals behind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad