Recalled/Assigned: Robertson recalled

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Basically he's now an NHL player. Now can he seperate himself from others.
Calling him an AHL cast is straight up wrong and Keefe's quote shows he thinks he's an NHLer.
There is absolutely zero reason to be worried about him. A young player whose progressing and has now shown he can play in the NHL. He's fine.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I think it's time to trade him before his value drops- he's the odd one out of the line-up. Doesn't really bring much other than his scoring abilities. He's too small and rarely wins puck battles. He tries to hustle, no doubt, good at goal scoring and point totals show for it - but I take holmberg over him in the line up currently any day in the bottom 6 - more complete player.

Not hating - just my observation.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think it's time to trade him before his value drops- he's the odd one out of the line-up. Doesn't really bring much other than his scoring abilities. He's too small and rarely wins puck battles. He tries to hustle, no doubt, good at goal scoring and point totals show for it - but I take holmberg over him in the line up currently any day in the bottom 6 - more complete player.

For a team that struggles to score during the playoffs the ability to score from the 3rd line with limited minutes and very little PP time becomes pretty useful

Our big 4 have shown they can't do all the scoring themselves so having a 3rd line that can do something offensively wouldn't be a bad plan and frankly I'm sick and tired of chucking lines out who are only good for killing time until the big 4 have had a bit of a breather

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
For a team that struggles to score during the playoffs the ability to score from the 3rd line with limited minutes and very little PP time becomes pretty useful

Our big 4 have shown they can't do all the scoring themselves so having a 3rd line that can do something offensively wouldn't be a bad plan and frankly I'm sick and tired of chucking lines out who are only good for killing time until the big 4 have had a bit of a breather
This is a different team second line is the best it’s ever looked thanks to bert top line looks elite with a rookie on it this isn’t the same top six you can argue goaltending is better without Sammy we’re an upgrade or 2 from being an absolute nightmare

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014

I agree with you. He doesn't get open enough to get the time he needs to load up his shot unlile Caulfield who has an AM release. He, I don't think, will ever max out at more than 15-20g a year but his defense is not very good and he is small and on the slower side. I would dangle him while his per game stats look good. If Domi isn't setting him up with wide open chances...goals like last night are few and far between.

Sep 18, 2009
On that note, Robby is on a near 20-goal 40 point pace .. with an ATOI of 10:43 per game, and averaging only 30 seconds of PP time this season.

Given the circumstances, that's pretty good.
Put this kid on the first line feed him the puck pad his stats trade him

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Heaven forbid we let our own guy develop and become good for us lol. One of the reasons the Leafs have struggled is because they haven't been able to bridge their depth through a good internal system of prospects / players. Tampa managed to keep a very long Cup window with multiple deep runs cause they kept churning out quality depth from the farm like Gourde, Cirelli, Killorn, Cernak, Colton, etc. We traded away pieces like Trevor Moore, Marchment, Barabanov etc and keep trying to fill up gaps through scrap heap / bargain bin acquisitions cause we drafted poorly before Wes Clark took over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad