Value of: RNH to any team

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
No, he isn't a bust. However, he is grossly overrated and doesn't hold the value many think he does. His 6 million price tag is a joke. Best year ... 56 points ... 34 last year and a whopping 29 this year. Not a good point producer based on him being a former top pick overall. As a Penguin fan, I wouldn't trade Connor Sheary for him.

Well...you can read the box stats, at least.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
No, he isn't a bust. However, he is grossly overrated and doesn't hold the value many think he does. His 6 million price tag is a joke. Best year ... 56 points ... 34 last year and a whopping 29 this year. Not a good point producer based on him being a former top pick overall. As a Penguin fan, I wouldn't trade Connor Sheary for him.

Agreed he is over paid. Still a good player though. If EDM retained significantly I would have interest as a Pens fan for our 3C. Fehr+Sprong+1st for RNH @3 million. Let bonino walk in FA

cobra427

May 6, 2012
yeh you are mistaken..
RNH was and still would have been #1C if Oilers didnt win the lotto.
He is a good #2C but is struggling.
He has 3rd highest TOI\GP for Oilers forwards after McDavid and Draisaitl playing a lot more PK and lot less PP than the other 2.

Oilers are not looking to "unload" RNH but will trade him for a more conventional\cheaper 3C with some add.

It's debatable weather RNH is a 2C or a 3C. Hanzal is the better overall player and that isn't debatable. Hanzal has more injury risk. The problem with RNH is that he is way over paid. A similar non UFA player at the same age will make 4 mill, about what RNH should be making. If the Oilers keep him, it will prevent them from using dollars at other more important spots. If they trade him, they will get less then what RNH is worth because of his large salary. They might be smart to trade him for lesser assets to clear his salary and use the money else where. The problem is, at 6 mill, other team will want the Oilers to retain salary which might defeat the purpose. Because of this, the Oilers are likely stuck with RNH and Eberle (also way over paid).

ilovemarkmessier

Oct 13, 2011
New York
RNH for a true 3rd line C . Yes we all know he struggled this year , but take a look at his numbers against the east . RNH is not a 3rd line C so being used in that role as a checking C isn't going to work . Ideally he is a 2nd line centre . I would rather a bigger 3 C that puts up 35 to 40 points and good in the FO circle . We also could use a RW but we really need a C coming back to move RNH .

Please keep the bashing out of this thread .

Deal could become bigger .

Available assets

1st ,2017 and 2018 If we move our first this year I would like a 2nd coming back

Pouliot . Again struggling this year but he has been good the last 3 years

Bensen , Jones or Bear for the right package

Russell if a true RHD is coming back that is an upgrade

Most assets are available aside from McDavid , Draisaitl , Maroon , Lucic ( More so because it would make UFA,s avoid signing with the Oilers if that dealt him so quick ) Sekera , Klefbom , Larsson , Nurse and Talbot

I wish i could find the thread from about three months ago when I was comparing RNH to Stepan and showing the # + the grit broken jaw wired in playoffs and scoring game winners and I am getting back RNH is better cause his draft slot and potential. The kids just to skinny he gets pushed arounds alot. The opposite of Stepan who hits the back of the net constantly in the playoffs. Honestly a case could be made that Stepan actually a better passer too at this point in there careers. There is not one thing RNH does better. If so I would like to hear what?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
RNH for Lowry and 2017 2nd rounder and 2018 2nd rounder...before or after the expansion draft.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
RNH leads all Oiler forwards in TOI against the best opposition. I know he is having a down season, suppose that'll happen after your offence gets traded to NJ.

He's still a heck of player. I would be very disappointed if he were to be traded without a major piece coming back the other way.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's had TWO down seasons in a row, unless he goes on a tear in the last couple of months.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
He's had TWO down seasons in a row, unless he goes on a tear in the last couple of months.

Even if he does pop a couple more goals and rack up some assists over the final 20 games, ppl will continue to think he's a disappointment. His role on the team and how the coaching staff uses him has changed significantly in the last couple of years. It should come as no surprise that his offensive numbers have dropped since he is no longer tasked with centering the the primary scoring line on the team.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
so, what is he? A weak defensive Center with a 44% FO? At 6M per? C'mon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad