Value of: RNH to any team

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
RNH for a true 3rd line C . Yes we all know he struggled this year , but take a look at his numbers against the east . RNH is not a 3rd line C so being used in that role as a checking C isn't going to work . Ideally he is a 2nd line centre . I would rather a bigger 3 C that puts up 35 to 40 points and good in the FO circle . We also could use a RW but we really need a C coming back to move RNH .

Please keep the bashing out of this thread .

Deal could become bigger .

Available assets

1st ,2017 and 2018 If we move our first this year I would like a 2nd coming back

Pouliot . Again struggling this year but he has been good the last 3 years

Bensen , Jones or Bear for the right package

Russell if a true RHD is coming back that is an upgrade

Most assets are available aside from McDavid , Draisaitl , Maroon , Lucic ( More so because it would make UFA,s avoid signing with the Oilers if that dealt him so quick ) Sekera , Klefbom , Larsson , Nurse and Talbot

Roundy*

Aug 10, 2015
You can keep the overrated golden boy #1 overall pick and his $6,000,000 salary. :laugh:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
RNH for a true 3rd line C . Yes we all know he struggled this year , but take a look at his numbers against the east . RNH is not a 3rd line C so being used in that role as a checking C isn't going to work . Ideally he is a 2nd line centre . I would rather a bigger 3 C that puts up 35 to 40 points and good in the FO circle . We also could use a RW but we really need a C coming back to move RNH .

As suggested a while back:

RNH for Sutter

Contracts are the same length, and Sutter probably finishes with a better points to dollar amount ratio this year.

NOTE: I don't expect fans to agree on this trade in terms of value. However, I do think that GMs like Chiarelli/Benning value players like Sutter.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
As suggested a while back:

RNH for Sutter

Contracts are the same length, and Sutter probably finishes with a better points to dollar amount ratio this year.

NOTE: I don't expect fans to agree on this trade in terms of value. However, I do think that GMs like Chiarelli/Benning value players like Sutter.

Canucks make out like bandits in this deal :laugh:. I could totally see Chiarelli going for this eventhough it is such a lopsided trade against him team. But I could also see Benning refusing the trade saying "Sutter is too much of a foundational piece to be traded for RNH" :laugh:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I think a lot of teams would be interested in RNH, until they get to the cap hit. He's getting paid 6 million dollars and he's simply not a 6 million dollar player.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Andrew Copp for Caleb Jones. You get to keep RNH in this deal

Good luck with that.

I really don't see why Chiarelli would be looking to trade Nugent-Hopkins right now. If he does want to trade him, and I'm skeptical of that, the offseason is the better time.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Don't think most Oilers fans are for this. I proposed something along Helm + Detroit's 1st round pick(assuming they picked around 5th) this year for RNH and most Oilers' fans were quite against it.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Sutter for RNH two years ago would have been laughable. Today...given the contracts....Sutter is a better 3C than Nuge for a lot less money. I agree with the idea of ahifting Draisaitl to the wing. Find a Boyle type for the third line and load up the top 2.

Sutter for RNH is pretty fair at this point but there are better ways to fix that lineup. Draisaitl would have to move over.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
:blues offer Lehtera. What would you want/trade for something around Lehtera-RNH? :blues can add Shattenkirk(unsigned for now) for the 1st too.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
rnh for helm and kronwall. you just dont dump horrible contracts for free

Pretty sure Kronwall's is a contract the Oilers wouldn't want to add anyway.

Also even more sure the Oilers don't see Nugent-Hopkins as a cap dump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad