Value of: Ristolainen to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If Vancouver offered Boeser straight up for Risto, what would the Leafs have to offer to beat that? Rumours abound out in Vancouver that Risto is a guy Benning has liked for some time.

If Vancouver is stupid enough to make that offer Buffalo needs to take it and RUN

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Different situation because he left Buffalo and isn't likely coming back to Buffalo Dermott is available because of a numbers game
Ok, then I don’t even know what could be a plus from Toronto, we do not need average prospects, and you will not give up your best prospects, your second round of this year is not as high as that of Ottawa.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
not what TOR need in my opinion... Savard would be a better fit in TOR

The only thing that would make this not a good fit would be the extension numbers

Cotton

May 13, 2013
You know Dubas’ philosophy is “1980s Edmonton Oilers”, right?

You and @Leaf Fans are why the rest of the league finds you guys insufferable. You have to take a joke seriously. I bet you guys protest outside of Bill Burr or Jim Jeffries shows.

And fans like you who say stuff like that are just as bad.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
You know Dubas’ philosophy is “1980s Edmonton Oilers”, right?

You and @Leaf Fans are why the rest of the league finds you guys insufferable. You have to take a joke seriously. I bet you guys protest outside of Bill Burr or Jim Jeffries shows.

Id protest that Bill doesnt perform up here more and any normal person knows Jeffries sold his soul to the woke mob and went all sjw to get his talk show.

So I love the leafs. Love Burr and despise Jefferies just like your broken narrative.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
If Vancouver offered Boeser straight up for Risto, what would the Leafs have to offer to beat that? Rumours abound out in Vancouver that Risto is a guy Benning has liked for some time.
If Vancouver was stupid enough to offer it go ahead and accept it unless you want the Johnsson/Kerfoot deal lmao.

Ristolainen does not warrant a bidding war lol. At least not one where we are involved.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If Vancouver was stupid enough to offer it go ahead and accept it unless you want the Johnsson/Kerfoot deal lmao.

Ristolainen does not warrant a bidding war lol. At least not one where we are involved.

Funny, but are “we” involved?
“We” speculate on what GM’s might be thinking.
Rumour out on the left coast is Benning likes Risto, and he’s also talking about trading Boeser.
If the Leafs really did want Risto (which we are speculating they do) then i Guess you speculate they wouldn’t pay anyway near Boeser’s value.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Rumour out on the left coast is Benning likes Risto, and he’s also talking about trading Boeser.
If the Leafs really did want Risto (which we are speculating they do) then i Guess you speculate they wouldn’t pay anyway near Boeser’s value.
Boeser is much more valuable than Ristolainen, so unless Buffalo is adding thats a bad move and an overpay. I think we would see Vancouver riots 2.0 if we see another Bob Mac "The deal is one for one" tweet.

There is 0 way we significantly overpay for Risto just to top Dim Jims offer. Come on now. If we move a valuable piece like Boeser I would aim much higher than Rasmus Ristolainen.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

No they wouldn't I haven't agreed with everything Dubas has done but he's not an idiot

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I think the Leafs could offer something. They could offer Nylander, but why would they? If Vancouver offers Boeser straight up, I suppose with deal in place, they will get him. Too bad for the Leafs.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
The actual differences between Risto, Savard and Larsson are minimal.
Risto is the worst of the 3 by far.. Larsson is way better in his own end and savard is better all round. This isnt even close

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Risto is the worst of the 3 by far.. Larsson is way better in his own end and savard is better all round. This isnt even close

You are free to believe what ever nonsense you want to believe. Just like your belief that Marner is better than Eichel. People who understand hockey will just roll their eyes.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
You are free to believe what ever nonsense you want to believe. Just like your belief that Marner is better than Eichel. People who understand hockey will just roll their eyes.
Marner at this exact moment is a more effective player yes... I have facts backing it up...out scored him despite playing less games and advanced stats show the same. Sorry but your wrong...they are close ..and jack may become a better all round player but not right now. The differencebetween Matthew's and marner is not that much and matthews is way better than jack..more value and will lead the league in goals next year..your ridiculous though that risto is better than savard ..ahhaha..dumb dumb
.Larsson is better at the defensive game by a mile ...again fact and state back this up

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
:laugh: Yes if your friends who 'understand hockey' are children.
Most in the game if pressed would give a slight edge to Eichel and some would prefer Marner.
If I were to guess I would put it as an 80 - 20 split something like that.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Marner at this exact moment is a more effective player yes... I have facts backing it up...out scored him despite playing less games and advanced stats show the same. Sorry but your wrong...they are close ..and jack may become a better all round player but not right now. The differencebetween Matthew's and marner is not that much and matthews is way better than jack..more value and will lead the league in goals next year..your ridiculous though that risto is better than savard ..ahhaha..dumb dumb
.Larsson is better at the defensive game by a mile ...again fact and state back this up

It’s easier to be effective when your teammates are also better. Do you think Marner would have as many points if his best teammates were Reinhart, Olofsson and Skinner?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It’s easier to be effective when your teammates are also better. Do you think Marner would have as many points if his best teammates were Reinhart, Olofsson and Skinner?
If you think Marner is only effective because of his teammates you don't know the player very well.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
If you think Marner is only effective because of his teammates you don't know the player very well.

I know he’s effective. But let’s not act like the team he’s on doesn’t help him get a few more points. Playing with Tavares or Matthews, two guys who can get points on their own, is a lot easier than Reinhart or Olofsson.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I know he’s effective. But let’s not act like the team he’s on doesn’t help him get a few more points. Playing with Tavares or Matthews, two guys who can get points on their own, is a lot easier than Reinhart or Olofsson.
Numbers aside..again although he outscored him in the last 2 years with less games played his advanced shmtays back this up...marner drives the play better..its that simple and he out scores him to boot and he is better in his own end....I think Jack will catch up cause they are close and he can play center which is huge but marner is the bette of the 2 right now and has been for the last 2 seasons...this is very easy when the numbers back it up.....m

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

But if he was on Buffalo he'd be on Eichel's wing, his production wouldn't suffer much

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would prefer him but the advantage Risto has is term

Could be a disadvantage. Imagine if Barrie came with term? Dubas messed up the chance at trading Kadri to fill a RD hole for the short and long term. Could have kept Kadri and waited for a deal that made more sense. Barrie was another offensive type that was meh in his own end. Leafs didn't need that type.

The only good move I have seen so far that Dubas has made was trading for Muzzin and extending him to a team friendly deal. Muzzin... the Ontario boy who wanted to be a Leafs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad