Value of: Ristolainen to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I figure a bridge contract. Maybe like 3 years.

And I totally expect one of the Leafs 2C for Risto. We’ll let Dubas decide if that’s Matthews, Tavares or Nylander.

I know that won’t happen but I want it to just to see the meltdown that happens.
Are you serious right now :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I expect Eichel or Dahlin for Kapanen.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I think Mikheyev can do that personally.

If there is ANYTHING right in the last decade it's find and develop wingers that's why i'm not concerned about losing a winger.
I actually think Mikheyev could do that. He wont have the speed element Kap has but he should produce the same, or even more while playing in the top 6.

Im not concerned with losing Kap. I am concerned with trading him for Rasmus Ristolainen.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Let’s do it. A single trade done over two days. Matthews for Risto. The next day Eichel and Dahlin for Kap, Dermott and either Sandin and Liljegren!

Btw I’m not serious but you know part of you wants to see what happens to HFBoards then
Well first of all with these servers none of us would able to even get on the site to see it.

Second of all if that deal even got approved by the league there would be riots all through Toronto and Dubas would probably have to take his family into hiding very soon.

So no I dont want to see the city crumble at the expense of looking at posts on an internet forum.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Well first of all with these servers none of us would able to even get on the site to see it.

Second of all if that deal even got approved by the league there would be riots all through Toronto and Dubas would probably have to take his family into hiding very soon.

So no I dont want to see the city crumble at the expense of looking at posts on an internet forum.

Weird. When shit breaks the site works just fine on my phone.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Someone needs a drink and a day off. Holy crap what is this post :laugh:?!?!

Are you here to criticize the argument or disagree? Because I dont see any argument Karlsson/Burns and especially Krug are better than Rielly.
I am here to criticize anyone in here that is foolish enough to base an argument on Norris voting position. I made that quite clear in my previous post so having to repeat myself to help you understand that shows that you should not be engaging in any types of debates on any kind of forum at all.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I am here to criticize anyone in here that is foolish enough to base an argument on Norris voting position. I made that quite clear in my previous post so having to repeat myself to help you understand that shows that you should not be engaging in any types of debates on any kind of forum at all.
Is it as crazy as someone calling Rielly a 2D? Would you agree on that?

I know NHL award voting sucks. Thats not my argument, I just pointed it out onto a silly claim.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Let’s do it. A single trade done over two days. Matthews for Risto. The next day Eichel and Dahlin for Kap, Dermott and either Sandin and Liljegren!

Btw I’m not serious but you know part of you wants to see what happens to HFBoards then
No, let's do Echiel for kappy and then later discuss. Risto. That would be fair for all teams.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Notice I said that it works for both teams, not works for both fan bases? ;]

Pros for Sabres: get a young fast PKer who can move up the lineup. Get a young potential top 4 D (should be top 4 but the coach loves McCabe :()

Pros for Leafs: get their top 4 RHD that has physicality and PP ability and is still young and isn’t fragile.

Cons for Sabres: that RHD will spend 6 games a year beating the shit out of Eichel

Cons for Leafs: 2 for 1 trade. Kap is one of their better PKers. Lose ~20 goals. Dermott can play either side so they lose that flexibility. Also lose the ability of a D that can move up if Muzzin or Reilly get hurt

Pros for both: cap is even(ish).

These are all things that have been agreed to by both fan bases.

I really thought that Toronto's acute need to add defensively responsible defensemen, and not more glass cannon offensive ones, was the most commonly repeated thing around the NHL.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I really thought that Toronto's acute need to add defensively responsible defensemen, and not more glass cannon offensive ones, was the most commonly repeated thing around the NHL.

You know Dubas’ philosophy is “1980s Edmonton Oilers”, right?

You and @Leaf Fans are why the rest of the league finds you guys insufferable. You have to take a joke seriously. I bet you guys protest outside of Bill Burr or Jim Jeffries shows.

Reactions: Go Wings

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You know Dubas’ philosophy is “1980s Edmonton Oilers”, right?

You and @Leaf Fans are why the rest of the league finds you guys insufferable. You have to take a joke seriously. I bet you guys protest outside of Bill Burr or Jim Jeffries shows.
I wasn't taking it seriously. I recognized it as a joke and played along. Nope, I enjoy the comedy of both Bill Burr and Jim Jeffries, so you would lose that bet. The rest of the leagues find me no more insufferable than they find you.

Reactions: cheveldae

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I wasn't taking it seriously. I recognized it as a joke and played along. Nope, I enjoy the comedy of both Bill Burr and Jim Jeffries, so you would lose that bet. The rest of the leagues find me no more insufferable than they find you.

They are both fantastic comedians. I am not. However, because they’re hurting, my comedy special will premiere on Netflix and Hulu October 12th

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
what would the + be?
From Ottawa, it would probably 2020 2nd, from Torornto I don’t even know, maybe Dermott would make sense, since we need LD.

Of course I would prefer Kapanen rather than Kerfoot or Johnsson as the basis, but if Toronto does not want to trade Kasperi, then Kerfoot would have a lot more sense than Johnsson, since it can be decent 3C or poor 2C, we still have nobody no in this role.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
From Ottawa, it would probably 2020 2nd, from Torornto I don’t even know, maybe Dermott would make sense, since we need LD.

Of course I would prefer Kapanen rather than Kerfoot or Johnsson as the basis, but if Toronto does not want to trade Kasperi, then Kerfoot would have a lot more sense than Johnsson, since it can be decent 3C or poor 2C, we still have nobody no in this role.

Why are + so drastically different

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The only reason Dermott is available is because there are 3 LD ahead of him, but he does have top 4 potential that's worth better than a 2nd
Well, we also had Pilut, which has a top 4 potential, but it is unlikely that it is worth first round, and it is unlikely that we can get a second round.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If Vancouver offered Boeser straight up for Risto, what would the Leafs have to offer to beat that? Rumours abound out in Vancouver that Risto is a guy Benning has liked for some time.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
If Vancouver offered Boeser straight up for Risto, what would the Leafs have to offer to beat that?

I doubt they would try. I have a friend within the Leafs' organization who told me (last summer) that the Leafs' inquired (as they would do for tons of players) about Risto both last summer and the previous one. The price was too high for negotiations to even get started. My assumption (based on Lebrun, as I have not talked to my friend about it since) is that by February the price had come down. So I can't see the Leafs engaging in a bidding war over him.

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If Vancouver offered Boeser straight up for Risto, what would the Leafs have to offer to beat that? Rumours abound out in Vancouver that Risto is a guy Benning has liked for some time.
Well, they definitely won’t offer Nylander. If Benning loves Risto so much, it would be a good chance for our new GM to make a good deal. I would do something around Risto + Thompson or 2nd (#38) for Boeser + Sutter.

Reactions: Luckylarry

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well, we also had Pilut, which has a top 4 potential, but it is unlikely that it is worth first round, and it is unlikely that we can get a second round.

Different situation because he left Buffalo and isn't likely coming back to Buffalo Dermott is available because of a numbers game

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto

That would be extremely dumb for Vancouver. Leafs would probably be okay with a Kerfoot/Johsson with a small + for Risto but def not interested in paying more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad