Rumor: Rishaug Every Oiler is available except McD, Draisaitl and 1st

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
don't hate foegele as a bottom 6 depth add. maybe mcleod but not sure...very confusing player. he's got all the tools but seemingly no toolbox. might be a nice 4th line piece though if he can play effectively on both sides of the puck

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Rishaug should be ashamed at himself for releasing such a pathetic rumour. This team might not be good enough to win anything but to think they are this desperate is absolutely absurd.
I mean, they only have 1 more year of Draisatl and 2 more years of McDavid after this. So they need to go all in to win now.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
RNH for Goalie and a prospect - The demand for goalies far outweighs the supply, you might get a decent backup if you're lucky, but that's it. no prospects/picks.
Hyman for 1st plus - LOL
Kane for 2nd + cheap defensive winger - LMAO. As a Sharks fan, let me tell you: Kane has NEGATIVE. VALUE. Even at 50% retention. Hell even at 90% retention.
Brown late pick - Brown has no value.
McLeod defensive centre - McLeod has no value.
Holloway offers ? - a literal bag of pucks
Foegele Maybe a bottom pairing defensive D - maybe an old/cap dump one, that's about it.

Nurse 2 mill retained for a defensive D - Nurse has NEGATIVE. VALUE. His contract is easily top-5-worst in the league.
Ceci a better d with a 2nd added or prospect - Ceci will net you a 4th at best.
Ekholm 1st - LOL.
Bouchard I like to keep if we can surround him with a good defender but offers - Bouchard might be the only player on this list worth trading actual assets for, don't expect more than a 1st+prospect.
Broberg offers. I expect Bern will make an appearance - No value, waiver wire fodder.
Kulak 2nd or a prospect/player with that value - Kulak isn't worth anywhere near that.

Bourgault and Skinner for an upgrade in net can add - Nobody is gonna waste assets on AHL-caliber goalies.

Campbell Tonya Harding vist - You're better off buying him out and eating his cap hit while you go through another rebuild, the Sharks are doing the same with Martin Jones at the moment.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
He’s a lesser Tyson Barrie, you also need to recognize who he plays with.

He still has a lot of issues with his game

I don't think he is a lesser Tyson Barrie, I think that is exactly who he is. Other Oiler fans are higher on him than I am.

However you evaluation on his market value is way off. Nazrim Kadri was traded for Barrie and Kerfoot and at the time Barrie was a rental, the thought at the time was Toronto won that trade by a healthy margin. The Avs retained 50% on Barrie so that should be mentioned. Toronto couldn't fit him in otherwise.

I think if the Oilers dealt Bouchard they'd get more than a 2nd and a prospect. He is only 24, paid a very reasonable $3.9 Million AAV with another year remaining and then RFA, and is currently a PPG.

If he was as sound defensively as Larsson he'd be in the conversation for the Norris and there would be no way the Oilers would move him.

Reactions: bucks_oil

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011

So looking for offers on the available players

RNH
Hyman
Kane
Brown
McLeod
Holloway
Foegele

Nurse
Ceci
Ekholm
Bouchard
Broberg
Kulak

Bourgault

Skinner
Campbell
All picks outside of the first.

Not going to list every prospect or bottom 6 player . I also don't necessary agree with this but I am not the GM. I also realize some players have negative value. There no point in asking for this years first to take one of those players as it isn't available cording to reports

My list

RNH for Goalie and a prospect
Hyman for 1st plus
Kane for 2nd + cheap defensive winger
Brown late pick
McLeod defensive centre
Holloway offers ?
Foegele Maybe a bottom pairing defensive D

Nurse 2 mill retained for a defensive D
Ceci a better d with a 2nd added or prospect
Ekholm 1st
Bouchard I like to keep if we can surround him with a good defender but offers
Broberg offers. I expect Bern will make an appearance
Kulak 2nd or a prospect/player with that value

Bourgault and Skinner for an upgrade in net can add

Campbell Tonya Harding vist

This has to take the cake for most delusional post in the thread.

Half the players listed have negative value.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Sounds like a classic HF proposal. “We are desperate and need to fix our team. What can we get without moving anything of value?”
I'm not disagreeing. I just think that this is a call for a re-tool if Holland had made a proper evaluation of his team. Either that or it's a message to the whole team to straighten up or you could see changes in your life (trades, emotions, etc.).

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
This has to take the cake for most delusional post in the thread.

Half the players listed have negative value.
This sad little Flames fan actually thinks we are in the same boat as them lmao. Glad you are basking in happiness at the Oilers pathetic start but reality is your franchise is a bigger joke and you don’t see me posting 20 times in your threads

Reactions: TFHockey

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
don't hate foegele as a bottom 6 depth add. maybe mcleod but not sure...very confusing player. he's got all the tools but seemingly no toolbox. might be a nice 4th line piece though if he can play effectively on both sides of the puck

I think you could have either for a relatively low price.

Nothing against (or wrong with) those players at those prices either, it's just that the Oilers have more pressing needs for their collective $4.85M cap hit than a depth winger and non-shutdown C.

If we replace them now with league-min guys, we can bank cap space for the deadline to spend on a vet #3C, vet RD and goalie.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This sad little Flames fan actually thinks we are in the same boat as them lmao. Glad you are basking in happiness at the Oilers pathetic start but reality is your franchise is a bigger joke and you don’t see me posting 20 times in your threads
Meanwhile Flames fans are trying to convince themselves they could offload Huberdeau lmao

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Do you know anything about hockey? Like what? Yeah 3 1sts and no salary going back! Jfc you are an embarrassment to reasonable Oiler fans
iu

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Hyman was a 60 pt player on the leafs. He paced for 60ish back to back year with no PP time

Hyman is our era's Chris Kunitz. A 60 pt guy who became a ppg+ guy with a generational talent (Mcdavid)

Hyman is better than Beavillier and Garland. He has worked woth elite talent on both the leafs and now the Oilers while making 5ishM. His value is incredibly high to a contender
Hyman is a beauty, and on an absolute steal of a contract for us. Love the player, and the man - on and off the ice. Pure class.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They have to trust the long shot to make the playoffs because if they don't, why would Draisaitl re-sign? If Draisaitl leaves, why would McDavid re-sign?

It's rational of Holland to try to get some GM to help him out. It's rational for the other GMs to look to fleece him. That's where it starts and ends, I suspect.

There's nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The Oilers are such a joke

I feel for the fans, they don't deserve this

Ownership and management are pathetic

Now that Ottawa has a new owner, does Edmonton have the worst owner in Canada? At least the Canucks are playing great right now.

Meh, some of their fans on this site are unbearable when the team is winning / when McDavid is playing good.

I also have a hard time feeling bad for a fanbase that's seen 5 Stanley Cups, had the GOAT in his prime and currently has another generational player that will probably retire as the 5th best of all time.

They've been spoiled rotten lol.

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
Oh but you didn't see the absolute horror show that was 2008-2016. They've had some good things sure, but they've gone through some things too
Meh, some of their fans on this site are unbearable when the team is winning / when McDavid is playing good.

I also have a hard time feeling bad for a fanbase that's seen 5 Stanley Cups, had the GOAT in his prime and currently has another generational player that will probably retire as the 5th best of all time.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
I think you could have either for a relatively low price.

Nothing against (or wrong with) those players at those prices either, it's just that the Oilers have more pressing needs for their collective $4.85M cap hit than a depth winger and non-shutdown C.

If we replace them now with league-min guys, we can bank cap space for the deadline to spend on a vet #3C, vet RD and goalie.

i hear ya, having them available wouldn't necessarily change the way i'd look at them - it's not like they're guys who've been so bad they can't continue to dress them. most guys that get traded aren't moved because teams want them gone, they're just identified as the ask in the market from a counterparty who can offer a player/s who are deemed an upgrade for a hole in the lineup that's hurting a team too much to leave exposed.

i don't know if the rangers have anything they'd be willing to give up that also interests edm, but those 2 guys fit the mold for what i'd like to see them add at the deadline - at least assuming the injuries don't continue and more pressing needs don't emerge.

Reactions: bucks_oil

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023

Some of their fans are unbearable no matter what lol.

And I agree with you - I feel bad for individual Oilers fans I know IRL, but as a whole? No way. White Sox, Jaguars, Panthers (FLA and Carolina), Blue Jackets, and others have suffered more than they have, and likely ever will.

Hell, for hockey examples alone, try New York Rangers fans. One cup in nearly a hundred years, three titles in over a hundred if you include the Knicks at MSG, in the biggest media market on the continent.

Now that is a fanbase I'd feel bad for. Jesus.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad