RIP Twitter (Elon's dumb tweets chasing sponsors away by the droves)

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
SmartSelect_20230709_010902_Chrome.jpg

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It’s funny that this only exists because of how mismanaged Twitter has been recently. There wasn’t much opportunity for a competitor to Twitter, but Musk has opened the door for Meta with his unforced errors.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
People like to fight. Twitter provides that. I expect twitter to reign supreme.

I use neither so, TBH, I don't care.

Musk is the lesser of the evils when it comes to the two owners.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
We all have a Tom sized whole in our heart`s. I believe that`s what this is all about. We are trying to fill the void left behind with MySpace®. Everyone is so angry these Day`s. Just look at @The Crypto Guy, he is literally exploding with anger in almost every single Post. I will never use any of these new chat Program`s, We must return to MySpace® where the vibe`s were unmatched. :clap:

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
We all have a Tom sized whole in our heart`s. I believe that`s what this is all about. We are trying to fill the void left behind with MySpace®. Everyone is so angry these Day`s. Just look at @The Crypto Guy, he is literally exploding with anger in almost every single Post. I will never use any of these new chat Program`s, We must return to MySpace® where the vibe`s were unmatched. :clap:
A few weeks ago I logged on to My Space just to see if my profile was still there. To my surprise, it was, although the coding looked a bit off. My chick's entire profile still remains intact. It's been 2 decades since I used My Space. o_O

• Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Who cares? Musk thought he would do good when he purchased Twitter to limit liberal media reach now he has opened another can of worms. Obviously other media would join in to reach that market. People are on social media to follow people with similar interests/views not to get feed contrarian views.
Musk is a giant hypocrite. Everything he complained about Twitter doing he ended up censoring and suppressing information. He's a phoney and a hack. Maybe he'll learn an important lesson. Stick to tech stuff. Stay out of politics. Dude went off the rails. I wonder if his ketamine treatments are affecting him.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I noticed recently that I can't read public tweets. Do we now have to have a Twitter account to read them?
Yep. Twitter is now only able to be used by a small fraction of the population than it was fully available to months ago. I can't believe the advertisers aren't lining up!

Twitter's potential audience shrank from literally billions to several hundred million overnight.

• Wow
Reactions: End on a Hinote

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Threads is deads. Even with Instagram, the corporate press and their brainwashed lackies promoting it from the rooftops. Traffic down 70% and Twitter down a mere 5% during threads' launch per Forbes.

This aged well. I dont understand why anyone would use any of these spyware apps -- especially from Zuckerberg who made it clear that you're a "dumb f***" if you give him access to your information and he has no qualms about giving it out.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The transition to X was so sloppy and sudden that it would be shocking to see from any other major social media platform. But in less than a year of control over the platform, Musk has everyone expecting this kind of shoddy management, it's quite incredible really.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Twitter went from being the best source of real-time news (if you followed legit accounts) to a complete, unusable dumpster fire in a span of a few months. Pretty remarkable.

Honestly, most of us were lucky to be active on social media during the golden ages. No ads, contact was authentic and genuine and bots weren't a widespread thing.

Twitter was already turning to shit by 2016 when it became heavily political on there. 2020 is when everything was deemed to be "misinformation" even when posts were thought out and provided facts. Now? It's 80% bots who don't even use any identifers or legit names spewing hate and calling everything "bullshit."

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
*the Mrs. is telling me about how Musk got rid of the Twitter bird logo thingie and replaced it with an “X”*

Me: “That’s cute…y’know who else used “X’s”?? The f***in’ Manson Family….A few of the girls carved em’ into their foreheads, remember??”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad