RIP Twitter (Elon's dumb tweets chasing sponsors away by the droves)

Sep 19, 2008
1688563491316.png

Sep 19, 2008
Seems to be more stable now so I will let this thread fade until I get rate limited again.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Twitter is awful now and I wish there was a viable replacement, but I will definitely not be joining Meta's knockoff.

I would rather have no social media than yet another platform run by Meta.

Don't let Musk being a colossal asshole fog your memory of Zuckerberg also being a colossal asshole.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
My concern is when Blue Sky and the others launch it will dilute social media. You'll have one party here, another on Threads, and another on Twitter. How do you get them all in one place?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
My concern is when Blue Sky and the others launch it will dilute social media. You'll have one party here, another on Threads, and another on Twitter. How do you get them all in one place?
Who cares? Musk thought he would do good when he purchased Twitter to limit liberal media reach now he has opened another can of worms. Obviously other media would join in to reach that market. People are on social media to follow people with similar interests/views not to get feed contrarian views.

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
The point of having decentralized social media is exactly to prevent that even if there are many different players in the field.

It would allow you to follow people from other platforms on your preferred platform or something like that, if my understanding is correct.

Reactions: Sega Dreamcast

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Reactions: John Price

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Musk is incredibly chaotic but I do think that at the heart of most of his endeavors he has a concern for the good of humanity and the world itself.

Zuck is much more integrated into the establishment that comprises government, information/media, entertainment and comes across as more professional and stable, but I firmly believe his contributions to the world are significantly more malicious.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Twitter is awful now and I wish there was a viable replacement, but I will definitely not be joining Meta's knockoff.

I would rather have no social media than yet another platform run by Meta.

Don't let Musk being a colossal asshole fog your memory of Zuckerberg also being a colossal asshole.
You could just not be on social media...

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3