Player Discussion RIP Petr Klima

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Muckler should have been kicked in the balls for not playing Kilma earlier in that game.

Don Cherry really hated Klima but he was what he was.

He could have been a much better player if he did not come under the influence of guys like Probert when he came into the league.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Only 58. That’s awful. Great skater. Big slap shot. Terrible bucket and so ugly that his nickname was the Goat. He was a character and I have great memories of him. That multi-OT goal against the Bruins is high in the pantheon of all-time huge Oiler goals. I was a kid watching it in bed (it was late!) and I remember it well.

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
RIP Petr. To me I remember him for his terrific speed and what a terror he was as a Red Wing, always having the opportunity to get a breakaway. It was a pleasure to watch him do the same later as an Oiler.

Sather and the coaching staff didn't like him much because he was "lazy" at times, despite scoring a lot of goals, which is the main reason he was exposed in the expansion draft to Tampa.

He came back to the Oilers for a short stint in the 1996-97 season after a decent year with Tampa the season before. He had one really good game early on where he had 1 goal and 2 assists but after that the magic was gone, as age had caught up to him.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
RIP Petr Klima.

Seems like yesterday you hoped over the boards after being benched and scored the cup winning goal. Our most important cup win./

Reactions: oilers'72

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
I was 6 years old when he scored that OT goal and I took it for granted because I expected more cups. I remember being in my living room sitting on the floor when he scored that goal. 33 years later and we haven't won (only been in the finals once since then). RIP Petr, a great person and a great career.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
A real character of the game. Born under totalitarian rule and liberated with great wealth in North American culture, Klima was perceived to be a free spirit who lived life fully and maybe didn't squeeze out the totality of his great skill set. He'll live forever in Oiler mythology for one of the biggest moments of their Dynasty Cup runs. And for being one of many quality pieces in an absolute Sather fleece job trade that tipped their team to that final Cup run and win. All of that while playing with a unique, signature toilet bowl helmet.

RIP Petr Klima. Once an Oiler, always an Oiler. Thank you for helping to beat the Bruins!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just mentioned this in the OT thread but deserving of its own thread as well. RIP Klima and thanks for the beautiful and monumental memories including the biggest goal of the whole playoffs the last year we won the cup. Know Petr that you were always loved and remembered here by many.

Reactions: oilers'72 and dsi

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2