Player Discussion RIP Petr Klima

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sorry to hear about this. He was a very talented player. I remember him mostly for this:

R.I.P.

I was working nightshift at the time. I tried to watch the whole game but had to drive to work and missed the last period or periods of OT. I recall the game ending very very late. Did stay with the game on the radio, and that was a different time and no cell phones and goal videos and everything. Couldn't even see it till the next day and fortunately I had recorded the game and just let the 6hr video tape run.

AGain RIP Petr Klima. May you continue to score with that long stick from the bench. We're all hoping for that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It was actually a good thing that game was in Boston so it was Eastern Time because it would've been so late in Alberta I'd have to have been in bed, but I remember seeing it, was a cool moment. When they scored that you knew they were 100% winning the Cup. Boston really never recovered.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Whoa! Shocker. (Does anyone know how/why he passed so young?)

Such a unique player in so many ways. Always remember him with Detroit and in Edmonton. A hugely talented player who, if he'd been wired a bit differently but with the same physical skills, could have been a regular 50-goal scorer.

The 1990 game two overtime wasn't the only time he beat the Bruins:

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Didn't he get a hattrick in the last regular season game to get to a contract bonus for netting 40?

Reactions: dsi

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Such a unique player in so many ways. Always remember him with Detroit and in Edmonton. A hugely talented player who, if he'd been wired a bit differently but with the same physical skills, could have been a regular 50-goal scorer.

Man sure loved playing at the old Boston Garden.

Reactions: oilers'72

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

2 snipes and a hard work goal. If he played now he'd be a star. He really was talented.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Klima always seemed to have so much untapped potential. Not necessarily lazy, but terribly inconsistent. Had oodles of talent.

Will never forget that triple OT game, where everyone else was completely bagged while Klima seemingly had a nap on the bench. Muckler finally tapped him (woke him up;)) and he responded with the dagger.

His 2 famous lines from that game?

“I was the doorman,” said Klima, jokingly

“You need a long stick to score from the bench,” referring to Muckler pinning him to the pine for nearly all of the overtimes because he was pissed off at Klima for getting booted from the ice for not having his chinstrap done up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad