Confirmed with Link: Rights of Jayden Grubbe to Edmonton for 5th rounder in 2023

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, maybe a little Column A, a little Column B. Maybe they got the sense that he wasn't exactly excited about NYC, AND, though he had fallen on the NYR depth chart, figured he'd be higher on some other team's.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I get all that, it was just the reports that the Rangers actively notified other teams they wouldn't be signing him and shopped him around. That to me seems unusual. I can't recall another report of a time where we had a draft pick that we weren't going to sign, but we actively tried to move them. Most of the time we hear absolutely nothing and on the signing deadline we find out that X and Y weren't offered contracts.

it sure is a weird situation. I'm only sharing what I was told by someone in the Grubbe camp.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
it sure is a weird situation. I'm only sharing what I was told by someone in the Grubbe camp.
To be clear, I absolutely believe what you're saying to be fact. I just find the situation unusual, and when it was first reported, my thought was that it might be because he didn't want to play here. But I understand that's not the case.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
To be clear, I absolutely believe what you're saying to be fact. I just find the situation unusual, and when it was first reported, my thought was that it might be because he didn't want to play here. But I understand that's not the case.

Yeah, I don't think we are arguing against each other here, although it may seem like it sometimes :laugh:

Reactions: egelband

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Thanks for the clarification AK.

What I don't get is for a team that always has issues drafting and developing centers, they'd give him a flyer. His season was pretty good.

They have plenty of contract spots available.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Didn't know that his rights were going to expire?

No, I mean that us letting his rights expire was still a little puzzling to me. But getting this return makes it all water under the bridge now. Doesn't matter why we decided to let him walk; we recouped about what he was worth.
Supposedly he didn't want to sign with nyr .

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I find it very hard to believe the Rangers reached for him to begin with coming off significant injury when he had a bottom six upside to begin with, stayed with him through the injury recovery, saw him have a viable season, and after all that declined.

A lot more likely is he told them he didn't want to play for NYR and they respected his wishes and didn't offer a contract.

Which makes AKs report technically true.

If anyone has any other viable ideas, Id love to hear it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I heard he didn't want to sign with nyr. Not to mention the injury issues and the fact he was going to reenter the draft.

Ultimately, when the deadline of June 1st got closer, he started looking at other options. That's true. But the timeline is important here.

By the time the Rangers changed their mind and offered an ELC it was already too late. It's not a situation like Fox in Carolina where he never wanted to sign with the team. It was a decision affected by the way the Rangers handled the situation.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Ultimately, when the deadline of June 1st got closer, he started looking at other options. That's true. But the timeline is important here.

By the time the Rangers changed their mind and offered an ELC it was already too late. It's not a situation like Fox in Carolina where he never wanted to sign with the team. It was a decision affected by the way the Rangers handled the situation.
Rangers better sign some UDFA they have been quiet compared to other seasons. Get me Avery Hayes please

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005

Wait when did they offer an elc?

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Rangers better sign some UDFA they have been quiet compared to other seasons. Get me Avery Hayes please
I thought you were making names up and then i saw that's a real player lol Is he also a combination of Sean and Kevin ? I would sign up for that. I would even sign up for Sean Avery as coach 😄 better entertainment than Tortorella.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad