Confirmed with Link: Rights of Jayden Grubbe to Edmonton for 5th rounder in 2023

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
signjpg-c65c2c156de0293c.jpg

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Yay, we got something. Still wonder why we didn't bother signing him. Maybe Grubbe was like "Mark Ciaccio, noooooo thank you"

Basically this is the reason. Too tough physical skilled with leadership for the Rangers. Rangers want to be known as easy to play against without any contact. Getting rid of gritty physical prospects will do that.. Unless they thought he was really injury prone. This makes no sense to me. It’s not like the Rangers are close to contract limit in the organization.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm a little surprised there was this type of market for him considering the Rangers weren't going to sign him. If another organization values him at a 5th rounder and the Rangers don't value him at all (willing to let him walk), something seems off.

Reactions: gabevh3

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Closes the book on any nagging questions about how we managed him as far as I'm concerned. A 5th rounder is pretty fair value, even if we hadn't let it be known his rights would expire.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Basically this is the reason. Too tough physical skilled with leadership for the Rangers. Rangers want to be known as easy to play against without any contact. Getting rid of gritty physical prospects will do that.. Unless they thought he was really injury prone. This makes no sense to me. It’s not like the Rangers are close to contract limit in the organization.
Where are getting this "tough physical" from? Him being 6'3"?
The report on him was always good leadership and defensively responsible.
Had about five fights total on Hockey fights. The latest being this past November where he got lit up pretty good by a 17 year old slightly smaller than him...
I haven't been able to find hit stats. Maybe he hits. Do you have stats?
And his numbers in the CHL for a 20 year old were nothing to indicate "skilled"...
I was hoping for a good bottom sixer, but who knows?

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
It sounds like maybe he didn't want to be in the NYR org for whatever reason. I think Drury would have signed him otherwise. I believe he's a western canada boy so it makes sense that he ends up in EDM.

It's a real interesting development when a young player is like, New York Rangers? Nah. Edmonton? Where do i sign?

It may merely be the kid didn't want to move to a big city. In which case, it would have been nice to know this before a 2nd was used on him.

Nice to get some compensation when we could have lost him for nothing.

I would like to start seeing some more clear signs of a functional organization. One where players and prospects desperately want in. Not just 35 year olds on one hip.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I'm a little surprised there was this type of market for him considering the Rangers weren't going to sign him. If another organization values him at a 5th rounder and the Rangers don't value him at all (willing to let him walk), something seems off.
This says to me that EDM would have used a 5th on him in this coming draft. He would be going back in. Apparently no else would have used a higher pick...

It sounds like maybe he didn't want to be in the NYR org for whatever reason. I think Drury would have signed him otherwise. I believe he's a western canada boy so it makes sense that he ends up in EDM.

It's a real interesting development when a young player is like, New York Rangers? Nah. Edmonton? Where do i sign?

It may merely be the kid didn't want to move to a big city. In which case, it would have been nice to know this before a 2nd was used on him.

Nice to get some compensation when we could have lost him for nothing.

I would like to start seeing some more clear signs of a functional organization. One where players and prospects desperately want in. Not just 35 year olds on one hip.
he was a third

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Nice.

Turned our 3rd into a 5th.

Inflation amirite?

Another Barbashev prospect hopefully. Lets hope they sign Barbashev. Hope he does not try to decide to go where his brother goes this offseason. Imagine if they can sign Ivan this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad