GDT: Rico'll Be Home For Christmas: Ducks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Vatanen has been as advertised . . very effective.

Anyone else bummed about Bratt being pushed down the lineup?

Would've liked to see Palmieri join Zajac and keep the top line the way it was.

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Johansson - Zajac - Palmieri
Coleman - Boyle - Gibbons

That's a pretty strong top 9.
I don't that he's been bump off the top line, but he's essentially stood out on every line he has played on this season, so we'll see. I want to keep Gibbons-Zajac-Coleman together as well because that line has been fantastic.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ah well I still don't like the combos. Bratt is with basically two fourth liners. Granted Boyle and Noesen have both played really well but they are still fourth liners, not skill guys. Doesn't make sense to me.

Until MarJo comes back NJ is still short a skill guy. If Palms plays with Nico and Hall there really isn’t anyone for Bratt to play with that suggests a good skill level. You’ve got guys like Zajac and PZ that are capable potentially but you can’t say what you are getting just looking at the lineup and then you have guys like Boyle Wood and Gibbons who are more north south players than Bratt style skilled players. Gibbons may be the best choice right now. Hopefully PZ and/or Zajac can become reliable on the second line. That would change things a lot.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This team is quiet capable of winning against any team in this league especially when it's a home game

All the best tonight against the ducks and wish you a "W"

Go Devils Go

Reactions: Cult of Hynes

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Vatanen has been as advertised . . very effective.

Anyone else bummed about Bratt being pushed down the lineup?

Would've liked to see Palmieri join Zajac and keep the top line the way it was.

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Johansson - Zajac - Palmieri
Coleman - Boyle - Gibbons

That's a pretty strong top 9.

Exactly the way I would set it up. At least this improves our depth tremendously.

Ech0

Oct 3, 2006
Norwood, New Jersey
giphy.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm not too worried. Hynes isn't stupid. If the shuffled lines aren't working, I would expect he would try them the other way again. Go back to what works.

Plus Bratt is still getting his PP and PK time. It’s a long season and the kid’s never played a pro season before. If they cut his ice time here and there that’s fine.

Reactions: Darkauron

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Noesen has played real well as of late and has been getting on the scoreboard a fair bit. Bratt can make his linemates better with his IQ and skills. As much as I'd like to keep him and Nico together, Palms worked well with Hall and Nico before and spreading the wealth around may be a good thing. No need to break up Zajac's line either, they've been good.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't like when we have games on a Monday, unless it's a later game out West. It throws my entire schedule off.

We better come out ready, we have this bad habit of making teams that play like us (Rangers, Wild) or teams that just plain suck (the piece of shit Panthers or Coyotes) look like legitimate puck possession teams. The Carlyle Ducks would fall under that Rangers and Wild category.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I was a bit emotional when he got traded, but it is done and over with now. It does not mean much to me compared to someone like Patty. Adam didn't do much besides a few goals in the play off run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad