Player Discussion Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Name them.

Love this point. For my money, Rick Nash was the best, all around forward on the market at the deadline. Did he lose his scoring-touch over the years? Yes. However, he creates space & kills penalties while bringing high-dangers scoring opportunities on the other end.

I’ve never been a huge fan of Rick Nash, nor am I now, but that was a fair trade for both teams. One of the teams paid the premium for a deadline acquisition, that’s the business.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Love this point. For my money, Rick Nash was the best, all around forward on the market at the deadline. Did he lose his scoring-touch over the years? Yes. However, he creates space & kills penalties while bringing high-dangers scoring opportunities on the other end.

I’ve never been a huge fan of Rick Nash, nor am I now, but that was a fair trade for both teams. One of the teams paid the premium for a deadline acquisition, that’s the business.

I agree, it was a good move to make. It just didn't work out. Nash's concussion played a part for sure, but there were possibilities attached to the deal that made it worth doing. That said, I don't really want him back next season unless its for substantially lower money and a short term.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
If David Backes stated he was looking to retire or go on the LTIR, would you guys do the following:
Lucic @ 25%% retained + 10th overall for Krug?
Cap hit of 4.5mill

I kept looking for white text with Draisaitl @50% retained included in that deal or at least Jesse Pulwhatever. No thanks though.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Did not like the Nash trade then and surely don't like it now. Way too many people had a hate on for Spooner and that likely will be a mistake of trading him as he continues to develop into a good player in the future. Tired of always trying to find a winger Krejci. Maybe it's time for Krejci to go to another team and find someone to play with. Krejci is too slow and disinterested in playing an aggressive game. Best thing for the Bruins would be to somehow move Krejci and Backes.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Did not like the Nash trade then and surely don't like it now. Way too many people had a hate on for Spooner and that likely will be a mistake of trading him as he continues to develop into a good player in the future. Tired of always trying to find a winger Krejci. Maybe it's time for Krejci to go to another team and find someone to play with. Krejci is too slow and disinterested in playing an aggressive game. Best thing for the Bruins would be to somehow move Krejci and Backes.
Only if Krej wants to move nobody taking the Backes contract very doubtful

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Good post. It was a risky mistake. Absolutely hated this trade. I wanted to be wrong but obviously wasn’t. It was ridiculous seeing Spooner go a tear playing with his new team. No first rounder to discuss and loss of touted d man. Ridiculous. It was so unecessary giving up all those assets for concussed ineffective playoff performer Nash.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Good post. It was a risky mistake. Absolutely hated this trade. I wanted to be wrong but obviously wasn’t. It was ridiculous seeing Spooner go a tear playing with his new team. No first rounder to discuss and loss of touted d man. Ridiculous. It was so unecessary giving up all those assets for concussed ineffective playoff performer Nash.
Spooner going on a tear is irrelevant. He went on a tear for a few games and then disappeared, which was pretty much his MO every time the organization ever challenged him here. I knew he'd look great right after the trade and then fall off once he got comfortable.

I'm way more bummed about losing the 1st.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I'm related to three Rangers fans. None of them want him tendered.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

You really need to stop the constant whining about the Rick Nash trade. They didn't sell the farm for him. It didn't work out. Shit happens. Ryan Spooner was inconsistent in his time in NY, just like here.

First 10 games, 13 points = 1.3 PPG (His first 3 games there, he put up 7 points.....)
Last 10 games, 3 points = 0.30 PPG

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Teams always overpay at the TD. Whom ever (you) wanted, they would’ve had to overpay. That’s why teams like the TD, because they can secure assets for a rebuild. It happens in every league. How do you think Tampa feels? They didn’t win the cup. I assume you think that trade was a failure because he wasn’t a big deal with his play, certainly not what they paid for him.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Teams always overpay at the TD. Whom ever (you) wanted, they would’ve had to overpay. That’s why teams like the TD, because they can secure assets for a rebuild. It happens in every league. How do you think Tampa feels? They didn’t win the cup. I assume you think that trade was a failure because he wasn’t a big deal with his play, certainly not what they paid for him.

Bruins didn’t need to make big splash and Nash was just wrong. The team would have been better with Spooner in the line up.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i guess i fall into a small group of people who like nash. he's not a 40 goal guy anymore - by a long shot, but he
was effective pre-injury. best net presence we had, really good 2-way game, created chances. the concussion
set him back a lot - he never really got it back, although i didn't think he was as terrible as others did in the
postseason.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
i guess i fall into a small group of people who like nash. he's not a 40 goal guy anymore - by a long shot, but he
was effective pre-injury. best net presence we had, really good 2-way game, created chances. the concussion
set him back a lot - he never really got it back, although i didn't think he was as terrible as others did in the
postseason.

I'm in the same club. I thought he was good. The concussion was unfortunate because i don't think he was 100% but he's still a top-notch hockey player.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Nothing more than baseless speculation. You have no clue if the Bruins would have been better with Spooner in the lineup.

Based on his performance with Krejci and Debrusk. I had some clue. I thought he looked very comfortable playing wing and offfered mush more on pp Nash wasn’t the right player needed and that was made evident.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Based on his performance with Krejci and Debrusk. I had some clue. I thought he looked very comfortable playing wing and offfered mush more on pp Nash wasn’t the right player needed and that was made evident.

You ignore Nash getting a concussion. Don’t you think that factors into it? I think you should just move on, in regards to this subject. I think you’ve made your point. You’re not a fan of the move. Shit is over.

Reactions: Chief Nine

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

How many times do teams need to do this before they catch on? It never works. It's fools gold.

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Oh because you say so, typical. What if it went the other way?

This is comical. He makes a post with no factual evidence behind it. It will never be factual or proven. We will never know if Spooner would have been a better option there. He could have been. He could have sucked. Who the f*** knows. It was a baseless post because he’s mad at the Nash trade. I say just that...It’s baseless and you’re trying to argue with me about that? Go to bed, guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad