Player Discussion Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I didn't totally dislike Nash, although I expected quite a bit more in the goals department. Unless it's on the cheap I expect Boston to move on. I'm sure someone out there with money will offer multi year over 5 mil, and probably regret it immediately.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Rex was a playoff warrior who was instrumental in our winning a Cup.

Nash was a playoff shrinking violet whose acquisition pretty much prevented us from competing for one.

Can’t believe people here actually think having this guy on a team, any team, gets that team closer to a Cup.
my point in bringing up Recchi wasn't to compare them as players but just to say that some deadline deals take multiple seasons to pan out. Recchi had a terrific resume, but it took him 2 seasons (and 3 playoffs) to help Boston to a cup.

And I wish I could go back far enough to find the thread when he was extended. Recchi was still a good player, but I'm certain there we people here ripping the Bruins for trading 21 year old Kessel for futures and extending 41 year old Recchi in the same summer. Point is that it's a bit of hindsight to say the Recchi situation worked out and Nash didn't. The Nash deal could still pan out for us if he they gave it another year. I'm only advocating for it if it was on a year to year basis and only if it's cost-effective. My point is just that I saw enough from him that I'm not convinced he can't still be a valuable player.

And I totally disagree about him being a "shrinking violet". He was one of the most physical Bruins forwards in the playoffs and generated lots of chances...he just was horribly snakebit.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Did you post this at the deadline or are you an after the fact hindsight guy

I’d like to see the link

You get my nomination for 2017-18 most dissapointing poster

The Bruins have a great regular season knock off the Leafs and you are as rare around here as a snow flake in May and now you show back up in the Sweeney thread *****ing

Embarrassing you show your true colors

At least be consistent

Well, we can agree to disagree. I posted my concerns at the deadline.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
It would be great to not only not re sign Nash61 but also to trade Backes AND Chara.

But not bloody likely, however given Backes horrible contract and the misguided importance of having Chara “retire as a Bruin”. Sentimental hogwash.
If Bourque didn’t need to “retire” as a Bruin, no one does.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I've been as big a Rick Nash fan as there is on the Boston boards for years and years. Easily one of my favorite non Bruins (until this year) over that time, but I really don't want him back. Not that he doesn't have value, he does. Just that I think it will impede the youth movement they've got going. So if they bring him back, for me, it will really depend on the terms.
I was thrilled when they traded for him. I was so disappointed with him. It was a nice try but move on fast and early while you can

Reactions: LSCII

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Did you post this at the deadline or are you an after the fact hindsight guy

I’d like to see the link

You get my nomination for 2017-18 most dissapointing poster

The Bruins have a great regular season knock off the Leafs and you are as rare around here as a snow flake in May and now you show back up in the Sweeney thread *****ing

Embarrassing you show your true colors

At least be consistent
Well if you have such a commanding grasp of when this poster does and doesn’t post shouldn’t you know whether he did post it during the deadline?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I’m in Eichel country and I know he would love to come home

Krejci & Krug for Jack

Do it Donny
Not sure what this has to do with Rick Nash?

Nash was yet another Sweeney blunder and we don't need him back.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well, we can agree to disagree. I posted my concerns at the deadline.
Definitely

And even though we don’t agree eye to eye on much be it Sweeney or Nash or Chiarelii or Bucyk we are Bruins fans

All the best

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Stafford, Rinaldo, dealing Hamilton for basically nothing.

Yep, some bad moves although I don’t agree on the Hamilton trade. So what’s the problem? Every GM in pro sports that has been in the job more than year at any level has some of those.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It would be great to not only not re sign Nash61 but also to trade Backes AND Chara.

But not bloody likely, however given Backes horrible contract and the misguided importance of having Chara “retire as a Bruin”. Sentimental hogwash.
If Bourque didn’t need to “retire” as a Bruin, no one does.

This team desperately needs Chara. He had a good year. He was resigned for 1 year. Last guy to whine about.

You want 5-7 Krug and Grizz as our top pairing guy on the left side?

Next year big changes will happen to the blue line and I am guessing moving on from Z is one of them. McAvoy and Carlo get big raises so Chara needs to take a paycut and he won't play here for 1 mil per when another team offers him 5. But the group did a nice job this year even if they aren't perfect and deserve another shot.

I hope Rick Nash feels like he has something to prove and returns on a 1 year prove it deal and there is no risk to keeping him around for another year.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Bottom line: He's made way too many blunders and a case could easily be made for firing him.

Dude are you serious? Team was one of the most improved teams in the NHL this season with one of the best stable of prospects and young talent in the league. Fire him for signing Some players that didn’t work out?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Definitely

And even though we don’t agree eye to eye on much be it Sweeney or Nash or Chiarelii or Bucyk we are Bruins fans

All the best

I appreciate that. I don't know how to do so myself, but if you look, you'll find my posts about Rick Nash have been consistent from the time he was acquired. (And even before.) I don't dislike him. Just not the right fit for this team, Two cents.

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad