OT: Rick Dipietro

BroadwayJay*

Lol, I love Howie. I'd be grumpy and negative too if I had to watch this lackluster team every game and deal with home games in Brooklyn.

First time I heard the Hofstra broadcast I assumed King was a student announcer. He's nice, but he's not howie or jiggs.

Are you saying that you're not grumpy and negative?

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Howie is really not much of a play by play guy these days. Compared to most broadcasts, there is very little play by play from ours and much much more chit chat. Personally I do not mind it, but it really would not take much to replace the "play by play" aspect Howie brings to the table these days.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Rick is great with Alan Hahn on the radio...But its a different dynamic. They're just dudes kicking back and talking sports. it sounds like any of us at a bar digging at each other and every thing sports related.

He could replace Butch.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Ricky obviously has the gift of gab and can be pretty entertaining. He needs to be much more polished though. Presumably that will come with time and I'd be very surprised if he's not a color guy somewhere sometime soon.

Howie rocks. Jiggs is still awesome for the occasional fill in and Butch is a joke. Agree, bring back Jaffe. Or Joe M.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
As for Shannon, I don't get everyone's fascination with her. I mean... She's fine at her job? She's a lot better than Peter Rut****er?

Neither do I.

5-7 hours per week on the treadmill for a few months and maybe we'd have something.

BroadwayJay*

Typical HF. This kiddie has like a dozen pro games and people are falling in love. All sheltered minutes too with Shannon basically spoon-feeding him tap ins. Can this guy even stay healthy through a full season?

How about he does something in the American league before we anoint him the next great announcer?

You got to earn it here, jobs don't just get handed out.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
How about he does something in the American league before we anoint him the next great announcer?

You got to earn it here, jobs don't just get handed out.

Thank you good sir for acknowledging my joke. I really put myself out there and I was starting to get worried.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Love Ricky and I hope he gets a job with MSG, he's a very entertaining guy. Shannon is great too.

I actually like Jiggs + Butch more than Howie + Butch. Jiggs and Butch don't have filters.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I have no problem with Howie, Butch or Ricky. Shannon is a nice improvement also. Jiggs is the only one I can't stand. Howie and butch know their **** and make me laugh. This is honestly the furthest from our biggest issue lol I dont know why this gets brought up so much. Some need to watch away teams telecasts and see how lucky we really are.

As for the poster who hopes Rick gets a job with MSG unless is with the Isles **** that...if he went to rags or devils id be annoyed. Also **** Joe M he's not as good as he used to be and he's a huge rag homer. Him and Sam both couldn't figure out why rags had 5 guys on the ice with 1.5 left in the 2nd(the FO where they pulled Lundqvist)

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I have no problem with Howie, Butch or Ricky. Shannon is a nice improvement also. Jiggs is the only one I can't stand. Howie and butch know their **** and make me laugh. This is honestly the furthest from our biggest issue lol I dont know why this gets brought up so much. Some need to watch away teams telecasts and see how lucky we really are.

As for the poster who hopes Rick gets a job with MSG unless is with the Isles **** that...if he went to rags or devils id be annoyed. Also **** Joe M he's not as good as he used to be and he's a huge rag homer. Him and Sam both couldn't figure out why rags had 5 guys on the ice with 1.5 left in the 2nd(the FO where they pulled Lundqvist)

I do, a lot, and it makes me realize how bad Butch is. :)

hockeygoon15

Nov 30, 2006
Stan is ready for the old announcers home. Give him a lifetime Metrocard and let him ride the subways to his heart's content.

Off topic: About 10 years ago I fell asleep watching a history-type channel. Woke up at 3 AM to Stan telling me all about the subway system. Took me a good minute to convince myself I wasn't dreaming.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Off topic: About 10 years ago I fell asleep watching a history-type channel. Woke up at 3 AM to Stan telling me all about the subway system. Took me a good minute to convince myself I wasn't dreaming.

Stan Fischler is a train buff and has written books about the New York City subway system. Someone I knew in college was one of Fischler's interns in the early 1980s said Stan lives on the Upper West Side and never had a car. He always relied on rides to the Coliseum and to Devils games when they played at the Meadowlands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad