OT: Rick Dipietro

Deadweight

Apr 20, 2014
New York, NY
I dont know about you guys but im starting to hate Howie. All his negativity and stupid comments infuriate me.

I would absolutely love it if Dipietro became our announcer. ITS THE KEY. i dont know what it is but he has so much energy(Mod Edit). Give this guy so more money already and fire howie!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Negativity and stupid comments infuriate you? Why are you here on HF?

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
love howie always will.....i am also a big fan of ricky, but he can barely get through a sentence during an intermission without getting worked up....no thanks

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Howie's the play by play guy - that takes some real skill. No chance Ricky takes over his spot. If you wanna bump Butch off and replace him with DP, we can talk.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Also, what's with Ricky's velvet jacket? Does he ALWAYS wear that? I understand when you wanna kick things up a notch but common....not every time you're on the air.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
DP is not announcer. He's a good analyst and good on the radio. But that's very different than announcing. He can do what butch does though.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I definitely still like Howie but I feel you. He's beena real negative nancy ever since the Brooklyn move. For me, I think DP needs to be the color guy. Has a real lvoe for the Islanders, and I think he's actually pretty darn knowledgable abotu sports, as well as being eloquent, or at least, much moreso than Butchy. No offense to Butch, but although there is some humor in it, he's hard to listen to. And it's embarrassing when other fans hear our telecasts.

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
I'd like a three man booth with Howie, Butch, and DP. It'd give Gary Keith and Ron a run for their money.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
never liked howie, i'm sure rick appreciated his jab at his inability to stay healthy last night :laugh:

i'd prefer jiggs then DP over howie, in that order

scott99

May 13, 2005
DP is not announcer. He's a good analyst and good on the radio. But that's very different than announcing. He can do what butch does though.

Exactly. Howie is a play by play man, DP is a color commentator/analyst, completely different things. Takes years to get good at being a play by play guy. I would like Butchie and DP to switch positions. Butchie was always good with Deb Placey as a studio analyst, but always bad as a live color commentator. I think DP would be better at it.

The worst was when that cheap ******* Wang let Billy Jaffe go, he's one of the best color commentators/analysts in the game, he was awesome. 100x better than Butchie.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Exactly. Howie is a play by play man, DP is a color commentator/analyst, completely different things. Takes years to get good at being a play by play guy. I would like Butchie and DP to switch positions. Butchie was always good with Deb Placey as a studio analyst, but always bad as a live color commentator. I think DP would be better at it.

The worst was when that cheap ******* Wang let Billy Jaffe go, he's one of the best color commentators/analysts in the game, he was awesome. 100x better than Butchie.

I also may be in the minority, and it wasn't MSG letting him go but rather re-assigning him, but I also thought Joe Micheletti was the ****. Howie with both Joe and Billy were great combos imo. It's been downhill since.

Also, agree 100% on switching DP and Butch.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
my friend says he is trying to be the don cherry of USA

He's got a long ways to go on that front. To me, it seems like he may only have 2-3 jackets in his repertoire. Needs to diversify if he wants to a) be taken seriously as a real commentator or b) come even close to Don Cherry's wardrobe.

BroadwayJay*

How about Chris King and Rickie D?

That's a dream team for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad