Rumor: Rick Dhaliwal Sportsnet650- Heavy Heavy interest from multiple playoff teams on Edler and Tanev

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
So no complete stat set or anything- just a one-off tweet, with nothing to compare it against.

Cool
Darryl is the resident stat tracker for CanucksArmy bud. Not my fault you are familiar with him. CanucksArmy is often used as a source, Hell the Florida Panthers put together a whole analytics department out of it

Reactions: hittes petr sykora

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Man these Vancouver Toronto threads are just a joke. They should get locked as soon as they go up. Such a lack of respect or just flat out bashing or lack of knowledge goes on in here its a sad.

We are suppose to be on here to enjoy talking about hockey, yet these threads always get into a pissing match.

Its too bad but it will likely never change.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Darryl is the resident stat tracker for CanucksArmy bud. Not my fault you are familiar with him. CanucksArmy is often used as a source, Hell the Florida Panthers put together a whole analytics department out of it
I think you misread my comment

member 290103

Isn’t all th Edler talk a waste of time? The guy is never going to agree to be traded.

Feb 24, 2017
Man these Vancouver Toronto threads are just a joke. They should get locked as soon as they go up. Such a lack of respect or just flat out bashing or lack of knowledge goes on in here its a sad.

We are suppose to be on here to enjoy talking about hockey, yet these threads always get into a pissing match.

Its too bad but it will likely never change.
I’m not sure it is disrespect, or anything malicious, as much as it is some people literally think what happens here on this website is relevant to the actual nhl. Like they can affect what happens in trade negotiations and are helping their favourite team by “bringing the value down” of players on other teams.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I’m not sure it is disrespect, or anything malicious, as much as it is some people literally think what happens here on this website is relevant to the actual nhl. Like they can affect what happens in trade negotiations and are helping their favourite team by “bringing the value down” of players on other teams.
LMAO oh god! I hope that's not the case! That's a good sign of people being delusional.
I'd rather just think people are keyboard warriors, then being downright insane.

Reactions: Sami Salo

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
LMAO oh god! I hope that's not the case! That's a good sign of people being delusional.
I'd rather just think people are keyboard warriors, then being downright insane.
In some cases, it could be both.

stop_liking_file.jpg

Reactions: Sami Salo

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I doubt Edler gets traded though I think the Canucks should cash in on him now. If he is traded and in a scenario where he will agree to go to a large number of teams (speculative), cost would be a first round pick plus a prospect. Since the Leafs first rounder will be so low, the prospect will have to be better than the prospects offered by other teams who will have better first round picks. I am not sure how mid-tier Leaf prospects are tracking (Bracco, Timashov, etc) but I suspect that would be the cost.

The rhd/lhd is overblown. Id do a first if we make the finals, and your pick of bracco Timashov, or if we dont make the finals a second and you take both bracco and Tim

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I’ve definitely noticed fans doing that. It’s hilarious to see how a 1st is basically a 2nd, and a 2nd is basically a 1st depending on who’s making trying to “negotiate” an better deal.

You even see some people try and tear down great young talents, and talk up objectively bad, aging, injury prone defensemen as stats, just to try and get their team a better deal.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I don't think he is on an amazing contract at all. For what he brings to the table, you think 4.5 is amazing? Factor in the constant battle with injuries, his contract is very far from amazing.
I realize he is not as bad as people like to suggest to stir the pot, but every stat available to us fans suggests that his play is in decline. Analytics are all we got. The truth is no fan base is spending much time watching other teams players.... unless the have no life at all.
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't think there is any way ta ev could fetch a first and a prospect. I don't even think he could fetch a first.
They need to retain half salary. Then, they might get a decent return.
Jesus...do you know what the salary cap is?? If Tanev was 50% retained his return would be insane. 1st+Top prospect. 4.5 million is a great contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad