Richards

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
not-worthy.gif

Had to ;)

KingKopitar11*

Richards has been amazing recently. Hope he can keep it up.

HolyShot*

Richards has had the best season so far out of all the Kings. Hands down.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Interestingly, there is a Richards thread on the Flyers' board, too. I guess they watched the game last night.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Interestingly, there is a Richards thread on the Flyers' board, too. I guess they watched the game last night.

You mean where all the orange koolaid drinkers stick their fingers in their ears and pretend that they actually won that trade?

Lalala Schenn and Simmonds have more points lalala he's a shadow of his former self lalala a third line center at best! lalala

Like I said, he could win ten stanley cups and become MVP of the league and they'd still never admit they were wrong. Probably say something like, 'the trade woke him up, he would've never done that with us!' Ok sure whatever. Just keep having fun with your crappy team and your horrible record for the second straight year. Mike and Jeff are happier in LA anyway.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
You mean where all the orange koolaid drinkers stick their fingers in their ears and pretend that they actually won that trade?

Lalala Schenn and Simmonds have more points lalala he's a shadow of his former self lalala a third line center at best! lalala

Like I said, he could win ten stanley cups and become MVP of the league and they'd still never admit they were wrong. Probably say something like, 'the trade woke him up, he would've never done that with us!' Ok sure whatever. Just keep having fun with your crappy team and your horrible record for the second straight year. Mike and Jeff are happier in LA anyway.

Average third liner. His body has deteriorated. Doesn't hit. Doesn't fight. Doesn't do the things he did in 2010. Mediocre at best. ;)

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
That would be the thread, and don't forget "I do that trade ten out of ten times" and "I'd drive them to the airport"! Meanwhile, most of them want Simmonds traded cause he sucks this year.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

I don't think there's a loser in that trade. Yes, the kings gave up a whole lot of assets, and value wise, the flyers probably got the better of the trade. But without Richards, we probably don't win the cup.

It's a win/win trade imo. The main difference is that kings organization has created a team that will be a cup contender for years to come, whereas flyers organization has floundered in that department.

So, yeah, there are no losers in the Richards trade.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Damn! Here I was hoping Richards would be available and the Leafs could pick him up haha. Got to see the Kings game last night on HNIC and the team looks good. Toffoli looks good which makes me even more upset the Leafs picked Brad Ross over this guy in 2010.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I don't think there's a loser in that trade. Yes, the kings gave up a whole lot of assets, and value wise, the flyers probably got the better of the trade. But without Richards, we probably don't win the cup.

It's a win/win trade imo. The main difference is that kings organization has created a team that will be a cup contender for years to come, whereas flyers organization has floundered in that department.

Sorry I beg to differ. Flyers may have gotten some guys who can score goals and can match point totals but they are missing out on all the other stuff he brought. The special teams, the leadership ability, the clutch play. I mean, I think you could probably say that the Flyers are more naturally skilled currently than they were in 2010 and 2011. Yet the only accomplishment they have since the trade is beating a ****** Penguins defense in the playoffs. For the first time since the early 90s, the Flyers are looking to be on their way to a second straight season out of the playoffs.

That team is completely lost. They have no identity. They just have a bunch of guys who are supposed to be talented and aren't performing to their potential. For me, Schenn and Simmonds are never going to come close to the level Richards is at, and that to me means they lost that trade.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Sorry I beg to differ. Flyers may have gotten some guys who can score goals and can match point totals but they are missing out on all the other stuff he brought. The special teams, the leadership ability, the clutch play. I mean, I think you could probably say that the Flyers are more naturally skilled currently than they were in 2010 and 2011. Yet the only accomplishment they have since the trade is beating a ****** Penguins defense in the playoffs. For the first time since the early 90s, the Flyers are looking to be on their way to a second straight season out of the playoffs.

That team is completely lost. They have no identity. They just have a bunch of guys who are supposed to be talented and aren't performing to their potential. For me, Schenn and Simmonds are never going to come close to the level Richards is at, and that to me means they lost that trade.

You're assuming that Simmer and Schenn can't be leaders. These guys are gritty character players with skills to boot. Like I said, big difference here is that kings organization is superior to that of the flyers organization.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He's been our rock. Whenever this team finds itself in shaky territory, he comes out of no where and stabilizes the situation. It's been a while since I've seen a player that can command the tempo of a game quite as well as Richards. He's a Greek god when he is healthy, the guy is superhuman.

It is a little ironic that they were touting him as Mr. Intangible whose sum is greater than his points prior to his trade, but every fanbase is like that in the end, especially with a player they're sentimental about.

I feel sorry for them because it is not like they can do much else. I am sure they are sick of hearing about it and watching that trainwreck of a franchise. Until Homer (and even better, Snider) is gone, it is just going to be a painful experience for every Flyer fan every day.

In all fairness, they got a good return. Richards is just a player that should never be traded, but if he were, the return they got would have been what you would be looking for. People are beating on Schenn and Simmonds, but they've played admirably given the circumstances of the season and the team they're on.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I'm not saying I don't like Schenn and Simmonds. I like them and I wouldn't mind them on my team obviously. But if you tell me, you can have Richards or Schenn and Simmonds. I just don't know why you wouldn't take Richards. He's proven and he's a winner and that's all that matters to me.

Like Lombardi did when he traded for him, it's not a matter of do we want him, it's what players can I give you to get him.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
What I don't understand is the mindset of some Flyers fans. These are the guys who gave Richards **** for his interactions with the Philly media but excuse Giroux for skipping out on talking to them because he was frustrated.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
What I don't understand is the mindset of some Flyers fans. These are the guys who gave Richards **** for his interactions with the Philly media but excuse Giroux for skipping out on talking to them because he was frustrated.

One always should be wary of media agendas and control, especially the outlets that persecute and berate others in a vicious fashion.

KingKopitar11*

I know this sounds weird, but Simmonds legs are so thin that when he was a king I thought any good impact on his legs might ruin his career. I know some people miss Simmonds, but personally I don't, and I still don't think he's a better player on the flyers on the ice from the day he left the kings.

I think the flyers system inflated his point totals.

I was really bummed to lose schenn though. Even though he's act like a little ***** as a flyer now, I think he can be who he can be under the right team.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale

No, there's absolutely no dispute at this point there is a loser. It's the Flyers. This ain't fantasy league hockey. The Kings have been elite since Richards (and Carter) arrived. The Flyers suck. Case closed. Unless they have a great turnaround, it will be 2 consecutive years of no playoffs since the Dry Island Exodus. So yeah, 10/10 Flyers fans would trade being contenders to non-playoff also-rans. Last time I checked, there is no value in losing, which the Flyers have become adept at.

Good franchises are built on solid foundation players. Mike Richards is a great, stable foundation player to build a team on. A strong foundation brings a stable team environment. What do Simmonds and Schenn bring to the Flyers besides stats? They're not foundation players. If they are, it's no wonder their team is crumbling. The Flyers traded foundation for wood framing.

Last edited:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
No, there's absolutely no dispute at this point there is a loser. It's the Flyers. This ain't fantasy league hockey. The Kings have been elite since Richards (and Carter) arrived. The Flyers suck. Case closed. Unless they have a great turnaround, it will be 2 consecutive years of no playoffs since the Dry Island Exodus. So yeah, 10/10 Flyers fans would trade being contenders to non-playoff also-rans. Last time I checked, there is no value in losing, which the Flyers have become adept at.

Good franchises are built on solid foundation players. Mike Richards is a great, stable foundation player to build a team on. A strong foundation brings a stable team environment. What do Simmonds and Schenn bring to the Flyers besides stats? They're not foundation players. If they are, it's no wonder their team is crumbling. The Flyers traded foundation for wood framing.

You seem very narrow-minded.

Just because Simmer and Schenn are on a bad team, doesn't make their characters less great than those on a great team.

It's funny. Most flyers fans wouldn't trade back Simmer, Schenn and a 2nd for Richards and I"m sure most kings would agree. That to me sounds like a win/win situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad