Confirmed with Link: Return of the MacMac (and 3 others)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
5 to 10 years????? The 2016-17 Leafs made the playoffs with a pretty young team and a weak d-corp. Once Nylander, Marner, and Matthews came to the team, they started playing better. Blues have 5 legitimate forwards right now, 8 if you count guys like Bolduc, Snuggerud, and Dvorsky, so assuming the band stays together, you have a really good offensive top 9. Keep in mind the Leafs weren't this defensive dynamo with their group of forwards and their defense was pretty bad. In 2 years, the Blues will absolutely have a better team than that Leafs team AND idk if the western conference is going to get stronger any time soon. We have goaltending depth to withstand some injuries, and some ok defenseman who can come up in case of injury, and enough forward depth right now to at least be competitive in the division, maybe not league wide. To say you don't think they'll be a serious playoff team for 5-10 years is a bit ridiculous. I mean we gave the Avs their hardest test during their cup run with the same group of defenseman, though I will grant you we are not as responsible on the forward side.
You are going to be really disappointted.

Not really. We haven’t been a true contender since that man who shall not be named walked in free agency.
PLolyqzoPz_tZ3ZCKPUPD-ZUtiMGjpu_xTAF_0L-S5Y.jpg

alex-pietrangelo-vegas-golden-knights-unsigned-2023-stanley-cup-champions-raising-cup-photograph_ss5_p-200248385+u-prowvoopjc6asbgpahiu+v-rydkbwviqmx5qqswvugc.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/d3t...chorus_asset/file/19665332/1197967472.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jura

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
f*** I guess we're never going to be competitive without Petro ever again! I guess I'll stop watching now! Thanks Ranksu!!!!
Well it will take time to regroup and draft good prospects. Its not like Pietro type of players will be out there every draft.

Heck, we didnt even draft any RHD. So I gueas we are Just fine.

This team will collapse soon if there is no right moves made and understand our situation.

But you need to be really naive if you think we are contending or even playoff team.

I just view realistictly on paper what this team is and how it has played.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Well it will take time to regroup and draft good prospects. Its not like Pietro type of players will be out there every draft.

Heck, we didnt even draft any RHD. So I gueas we are Just fine.

This team will collapse soon if there is no right moves made and understand our situation.

But you need to be really naive if you think we are contending or even playoff team.

I just view realistictly on paper what this team is and how it has played.
To think this team won't be a playoff team in like 2 years I think is laughable. There were a lot of things happening this past year that made them bad, lots of it seemed to be coaching. We have a glut of forward prospects who should help this team in 2 years, and I don't foresee Army standing still once the cap raises. Parayko and Faulk are a fine 1-2 right side, at the very least they are playoff defenseman. Even without a clear #1, this team can be a playoff team. Just look around the league every year at teams with a shitty top 6; Blues can absolutely improve strides, but there needs to be a strategy shift in how the defenseman are playing. Maybe this team contends in 3-5 years, maybe they don't, but I don't it's absurd to think they can't be a playoff team in a few years.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I don't see the Blues being good this year. And honestly I hope they are bad. I want a top 3-10 pick again to go after a true #1 Defenseman in the draft. Something this past draft didn't have.

I do think the Blues are going to start turning it around the year after Snuggy and Dvorsky's Rookie seasons (so in 3 seasons, I think they Both make the jump to the NHL in the 24-25 season)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
2021-2022 team would say otherwise.
The team who beat the perpetually mediocre Wild in the first round before the Avs comfortably dispatched them? That’s not really being a contender. That’s sucking less than the Wild which isn’t saying much.

Reactions: BrokenFace

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
The team who beat the perpetually mediocre Wild in the first round before the Avs comfortably dispatched them? That’s not really being a contender. That’s sucking less than the Wild which isn’t saying much.
They were the only team from the West to win a PO game against the Avs and the only other one to beat the Avs was TB.

Avs were the best team in the league in 2022, but Blues were one of the best 3 or 4 teams, IMO. I’d take them over Edmonton, Calgary, and NYR.

Wouldn’t have taken them over COL or TB. But they were a serious contender in part due to the performance of the forward group.

You may disagree, but I don’t think you can just ignore how good the Blues were in 2022.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
They were the only team from the West to win a PO game against the Avs and the only other one to beat the Avs was TB.

Avs were the best team in the league in 2022, but Blues were one of the best 3 or 4 teams, IMO. I’d take them over Edmonton, Calgary, and NYR.

Wouldn’t have taken them over COL or TB. But they were a serious contender in part due to the performance of the forward group.

You may disagree, but I don’t think you can just ignore how good the Blues were in 2022.

I beg to differ. I'm sure they can and will ignore it.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I really want to live in the perspective you have here, but I gotta ask because I can't see it: What moves and assets do we have now that makes you see that?

This is all just my opinion with a dash of optimism.

After the trade deadline last year, we played much better. I think we had a lot of bad attitude cut out of the locker room at that time.

I think while our Defense is not the best I happen to also think it's not nearly as bad as we think. If our new coach pans out I think our Defense will be very good in comparison to last year. Just removing the back door tap ins will probably add .20 to Binningtons SV%. Maybe I said that wrong, I think he would go from .896 to 9.15 ish. A lot of this defense hope is based on the new coach not being trash so we will have to wait and see.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
I still don’t get this. We know what his ceiling is. We got a lot of prospects that can step in and get some experience. Just an expensive AHL salary is all I see here. And a 2 year deal. Head scratcher.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I still don’t get this. We know what his ceiling is. What got a lot of prospects that can step in and get some experience. Just an expensive AHL salary is all I see here. And a 2 year deal. Head scratcher.
He is either a veteran leader at Springfield that can show prospects what it means to be a pro, cheap depth player in St. Louis, or guy that can sit in press box so don’t need to scratch a kid. I really don’t get what the issue is.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad