Confirmed with Link: Return of the MacMac (and 3 others)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yuck. We really couldn’t find someone new to try?

Hope MacEachern doesn’t make the team, he sucks.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Nothing like giving a 2 year 1 way to a 29 year old who played zero regular season NHL games last year.

Reactions: TheDizee

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Yuck. We really couldn’t find someone new to try?

Hope MacEachern doesn’t make the team, he sucks.
It's league minimum. He can easily be waived if one of our prospects makes it or if someone better becomes available in UFA/trade. It is a one-way, but we have buried one-way or really high AHL contracts for a full season before.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Meh. And who is Wyatt Kalynuk?
The D look like AHL support and nothing more.

You'll hate him. He isn't small but he isn't physical and is defensively suspect. He's a 6'1 LH puck mover with defensive lapses. He is definitely AHL fodder. We don't plan to ever call him up.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
You'll hate him. He isn't small but he isn't physical and is defensively suspect. He's a 6'1 LH puck mover with defensive lapses. He is definitely AHL fodder. We don't plan to ever call him up.
I don't think we plan to call any of them up except maybe Subban (when Binner goes nuclear or gets injured) or MacMac as the 13th Forward.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
Does Subban get a shot at backing up Binnington? I know nothing about St. Louis's goalie prospects, other then (somehow) they have 4 guys who are all 21 or 22.

• Haha
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Does Subban get a shot at backing up Binnington? I know nothing about St. Louis's goalie prospects, other then (somehow) they have 4 guys who are all 21 or 22.
No. Hofer is the Backup Subban is gonna Tandem with Big Z in the AHL. Things could change by Season Opener. But I doubt it.

Reactions: lifeisruff

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

A shot, maybe, but really slim. Hofer would have to blow it. He came up last year and played really really well for a bad defensive team. He earned the backup spot and has a potential future as a good starter. But he is young and goalies are fickle. Subban cannot win the backup role, but Hofer could hand it to him.

Even then Zherenko is a good prospect as well. He is younger and needs to be the man in the AHL. I think Subban was signed to be the AHL backup, so is a slim shot he has to make the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad