Confirmed with Link: Return of the MacMac (and 3 others)

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
I have no issues with these signings so far.

Mac Mac at worst, you can bury him in minors and no cap hit.

Rest will be AHL depth.

Still would like a 4th line center. I think Walker can play but I would like an improvement there,

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Well, he hasn’t been signed yet. I wouldn’t stress at this moment.
what cap do we have now for him? army is a damn fool. i want people who want to play here and live here like sunny and perron and this fool keeps pushing and trading them away.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
what cap do we have now for him? army is a damn fool. i want people who want to play here and live here like sunny and perron and this fool keeps pushing and trading them away.
MacMacs signing has no impact t in the cap. He likely will be in ahl where his whole contract is buried and does count against cap. (1.25 mil of all contracts in minors don't count against cap and MacManus is making less than that). He's just a decent depth guy that cam be called up for league minimum.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Penciling in Hofer into the backup job, we have $1.585M in cap space with 22 guys on the roster. I would wager we would use some of that cap space. I'm certainly not interested in giving him more (or even all) of that space.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Army's doing black magic again. One of these folks are going to rise up and surprise us. His specialty seems to be finding lame no-name netminders who suddenly gain superpowers the moment they put on The Note.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Assuming Army's focus is to build for the future, I think it's pretty obvious he understands that signing the better free agents is going to hurt draft stock. Nobody would've had a problem with signing O'Reilly, Sundqvist, Acciari, or any number of guys on the backend that wanted to be here. It's clear we don't have much cap space to go around, but the writing on the wall is that this team is going to be bad and it seems like Army is fine with that. Same defense as last year which was pretty bad, weak group of forwards defensively, but still tradeable assets for this coming draft. I'll be really surprised if we keep 2 of Kapanen, Vrana, and Scandella. Krug is a much tougher contract to move, but I think with retention we can get a decent asset. Stockpile these picks and then start signing those vets after the '24 playoffs.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Assuming Army's focus is to build for the future, I think it's pretty obvious he understands that signing the better free agents is going to hurt draft stock. Nobody would've had a problem with signing O'Reilly, Sundqvist, Acciari, or any number of guys on the backend that wanted to be here. It's clear we don't have much cap space to go around, but the writing on the wall is that this team is going to be bad and it seems like Army is fine with that. Same defense as last year which was pretty bad, weak group of forwards defensively, but still tradeable assets for this coming draft. I'll be really surprised if we keep 2 of Kapanen, Vrana, and Scandella. Krug is a much tougher contract to move, but I think with retention we can get a decent asset. Stockpile these picks and then start signing those vets after the '24 playoffs.
I don’t see us being a serious contender, if at all, for 5-10 years.

Reactions: Ranksu

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I don’t see us being a serious contender, if at all, for 5-10 years.
5 to 10 years????? The 2016-17 Leafs made the playoffs with a pretty young team and a weak d-corp. Once Nylander, Marner, and Matthews came to the team, they started playing better. Blues have 5 legitimate forwards right now, 8 if you count guys like Bolduc, Snuggerud, and Dvorsky, so assuming the band stays together, you have a really good offensive top 9. Keep in mind the Leafs weren't this defensive dynamo with their group of forwards and their defense was pretty bad. In 2 years, the Blues will absolutely have a better team than that Leafs team AND idk if the western conference is going to get stronger any time soon. We have goaltending depth to withstand some injuries, and some ok defenseman who can come up in case of injury, and enough forward depth right now to at least be competitive in the division, maybe not league wide. To say you don't think they'll be a serious playoff team for 5-10 years is a bit ridiculous. I mean we gave the Avs their hardest test during their cup run with the same group of defenseman, though I will grant you we are not as responsible on the forward side.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
5 to 10 years????? The 2016-17 Leafs made the playoffs with a pretty young team and a weak d-corp. Once Nylander, Marner, and Matthews came to the team, they started playing better. Blues have 5 legitimate forwards right now, 8 if you count guys like Bolduc, Snuggerud, and Dvorsky, so assuming the band stays together, you have a really good offensive top 9. Keep in mind the Leafs weren't this defensive dynamo with their group of forwards and their defense was pretty bad. In 2 years, the Blues will absolutely have a better team than that Leafs team AND idk if the western conference is going to get stronger any time soon. We have goaltending depth to withstand some injuries, and some ok defenseman who can come up in case of injury, and enough forward depth right now to at least be competitive in the division, maybe not league wide. To say you don't think they'll be a serious playoff team for 5-10 years is a bit ridiculous. I mean we gave the Avs their hardest test during their cup run with the same group of defenseman, though I will grant you we are not as responsible on the forward side.
Making the playoffs and being a true contender are different things though. He said being a “serious contender” for 5-10 years. Half of the league makes the playoffs. That’s not really being a contender.

Reactions: The Note

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Making the playoffs and being a true contender are different things though. He said being a “serious contender” for 5-10 years. Half of the league makes the playoffs. That’s not really being a contender.

I do too but I had my hopes set on Sunny.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Ok then let me ask this, do you think the Blues were a serious contender in 2021-22?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ok then let me ask this, do you think the Blues were a serious contender in 2021-22?
Not really. We haven’t been a true contender since that man who shall not be named walked in free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad