Post-Game Talk: Rested Jets 6 - Dead Wings 2

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
lol...I mean yeah, of course it could happen.

Sure. the Kings are proof of concept :)

Is it likely? Hell no. The thing is, every team that makes the playoffs, it's almost certain they're not going to win the cup. Even Boston has, what.. an 80% chance of not winning?

But I got me some money on them to win based on a 1.8% chance to win the cup (55:1 odds) so please pardon me if I'm giddy at the idea of even a 3% chance :)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Sure. the Kings are proof of concept :)

Is it likely? Hell no. The thing is, every team that makes the playoffs, it's almost certain they're not going to win the cup. Even Boston has, what.. an 80% chance of not winning?

But I got me some money on them to win based on a 1.8% chance to win the cup (55:1 odds) so please pardon me if I'm giddy at the idea of even a 3% chance :)

I know man. You gone over this with us many many times. lol

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Connor was worse than Scheifele defending last night, there was a couple of times in the 3rd, i went back and watched, where Connor literally was covering absolutely nobody the entire time in our zone. Scheifele deserves criticism alot but he's not the only one with defensive issues, just saying.
Agreed. I would say that scheif is a heavy influence on connor though... really liked that lined first half of the game - then all the bad habits came back.

It was a huge help for the D to have forwards backchecking in that first period - their decision making seemed less stressful... we need that against NJ

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I know man. You gone over this with us many many times. lol

I know. The thing is, I tried earlier this morning to be fatuous and jocular in the spirit of April Fools', and it went down like the Hindenburg, so I realized that even at the risk of being repetitive, I gotta be me. Even if that is, on occasion, a repetitive garrulous old man :P

And I'll go over it again with you one more time when I am, in the immortal words of Dusty Rhodes, "clubberin' off to dat pay winduh, eef you weeeeel" :P

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I know. The thing is, I tried earlier this morning to be fatuous and jocular in the spirit of April Fools', and it went down like the Hindenburg, so I realized that even at the risk of being repetitive, I gotta be me. Even if that is, on occasion, a repetitive garrulous old man :P

And I'll go over it again with you one more time when I am, in the immortal words of Dusty Rhodes, "clubberin' off to dat pay winduh, eef you weeeeel" :P

Good luck to you I hope you hit the jackpot! I'ma keep mah dolla billz in ma pockits on that one though. haha...I'm not a gambler.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Flames schedule:

77April 2AnaheimCalgary
78April 4ChicagoCalgary
79April 5CalgaryWinnipeg
80April 8CalgaryVancouver
81April 10NashvilleCalgary
82April 12San JoseCalgary
I keep reading about our two big games next week against the Flames and the Preds. I didn't realize that the week after that, Calgary and Nashville play each other.

It might come down to that game on April 10 being the one that decides if we get into the playoffs.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Game Report:

In a tremulous fanfare for the common man, @Eyeseeing and @John Agar and I visited a local Ale House and partook of a few pots of alcohol while making a run on various philosophical problems and targets. Oh, and to watch the Jets game.

This report comprises an introduction to the forthcoming tome, The Book of Agar (not to be confused with the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch (1)). Its sure to make a splash in the local booksellers.

monty-python-holy-hand-grenade.gif

Oh Yes, the game. And what a game it was!

Coelacanth of the Game

#27 Nik Ehlers

1680361342184.jpeg

17195910.jpeg

2qzvI8.gif

Congratulations to:
@Eyeseeing - most glutin-free snacks consumed and best memory in class
@John Agar - most successful philosophical defence for the true value of good friends
@John Agar - most likely to win free Jets' Jersey
Our waitress - Voted most patient humanoid in the Northern Hemisphere

++++++++++++

References

1. The Holy Handgrenade of Antioch. (Book of Armaments). "And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large chulapas. And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Good luck to you I hope you hit the jackpot! I'ma keep mah dolla billz in ma pockits on that one though. haha...I'm not a gambler.

And at the end of the day, that really does make you smarter than me :) I've known (and known OF) hundreds of gamblers with numeric intellect so bright that the sun would have to look at THEM through a piece of smoked glass. But what they have in number smarts, they lack in life smarts :P

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
And at the end of the day, that really does make you smarter than me :) I've known (and known OF) hundreds of gamblers with numeric intellect so bright that the sun would have to look at THEM through a piece of smoked glass. But what they have in number smarts, they lack in life smarts :P

If we win the Cup this year, you and I will meet up at a local establishment and I'll let you lord it over me while you buy me a brew with a small portion of your winnings. :D

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Akin to many academics too, methinks.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
If we win the Cup this year, you and I will meet up at a local establishment and I'll let you lord it over me while you buy me a brew with a small portion of your winnings. :D

I'm two thousand to the good if they even make the finals, so if they do, you pick the place and drinks are on me :) -- and then two large more if they win :P

And no this is not an April 1 gag, drinks are on me at Shark Club if they make the finals. Come one, come all :)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Keep it up, man. Some of us are hopelessly optimistic and like not feeling alone. This is supposed to be fun, after all :)

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I'm two thousand to the good if they even make the finals, so if they do, you pick the place and drinks are on me :) -- and then two large more if they win :P

And no this is not an April 1 gag, drinks are on me at Shark Club if they make the finals. Come one, come all :)
I'm a hopeless optimist too. I have a tax refund coming, I should put a few bucks down. Now if only I knew of any gambling sites.. it would be so much easier if they advertised during games

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
otoh...we may entirely be too shitty to go 4-2. lol.

But here's hoping!

I think the game against Flames is key. Win that and we are up 4 points. We could go 2-4 as long as 1 of the wins is that game. Flames would need to go no worse than 3-1-1 in the other 5 games. That is unlikely with their goaltending. OTOH, if we lose that game, our 2 pt cushion is gone. They need to pick up just 1 pt more than we get in the other 5 games. Very possible.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Oh and i was the 6 beers girl last night. :laugh: Man winning and scoring goals is fun.

I felt like the 12 beers and 8 shots kid, myself :laugh:

Jets want to finish 8th so they can wrap up every series in the playoffs in game 4's on home ice and win the Cup on home ice in front of us great fans. :naughty:

feel-me-think-about-it.gif

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

They beat me: I have neither number smarts nor street smarts :laugh:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I keep reading about our two big games next week against the Flames and the Preds. I didn't realize that the week after that, Calgary and Nashville play each other.

It might come down to that game on April 10 being the one that decides if we get into the playoffs.
The Jets just have to keep winning. Right now the Flames still need 3 more points than the Jets to pass them, due to the tiebreaker. Granted their next 2 games look like easy victories, and if the Jets lose to the Devils, we could be 2 points behind with a game in hand, when the two teams meet on the 5th.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
He isn’t either ………:sarcasm:

giphy.gif

The Jets just have to keep winning. Right now the Flames still need 3 more points than the Jets to pass them, due to the tiebreaker. Granted their next 2 games look like easy victories, and if the Jets lose to the Devils, we could be 2 points behind with a game in hand, when the two teams meet on the 5th.

6 games to go, and we're in the driver's seat. The path to the lottery ticket is right before us; we have but to get our money down.

just-win-baby-al-davis.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad