Post-Game Talk: Rempire State of Mind

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
The problem with that disallowed goal is the play is called a goal so it is now a dead play. Rangers could have put the rebound in to make it a sure goal but now the play is dead so we are f***ed.

NHL really needs to re-evaluate alot of these reviews. Goalie interference, kick ins, etc.. these reviews are a literal coin toss where we can see the same thing a week later called the other way
Unfortunately it’s been this way a long time. Most major leagues try to get the right call while the NHL doubles down on what they do

Just gotta hope the call goes our way in an important moment

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
After the game tonight with some family. As we’re about to leave the parking garage and head back home this Porsche starts driving the opposite way, half in our lane or whatever.

Everyone in the car is like wtf is this idiot doing..?!

And as we’re passing the car I lean over from the passenger seat to give them finger or shout something mean at them like any self respecting New Yorker would be apt to do.

And lo and f***ing behold it’s Mika Zibanejad and his wife.

I totally squealed in surprise and got laughed at by everyone in the car, and then just as we were about out of the garage we passed a group of girls taking shelter from the rain squealing in the same pitch as me about how they just saw Mika drive by and I got laughed at again.

Solid night.
Of course Zibanejad would be a douche driving a Porche in the wrong lane.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Here’s another thing that almost sounds blasphemous to say. Because I love chytil. Wennberg is more the prototypical third line two way center you kind of want behind your two offensive centers when building your team out. Brooks been saying this forever but if Chytil isn’t your 2C and gets dropped to the third line he doesn’t fit. So with Trocheck doing what he’s doing, wennberg is a great fit behind our guys if chytil can’t be here in the 2C spot he was supposed to have
I understand that you’re trying to find a silver lining in the situation but it is a blasphemy. Out of sight out of mind I guess but having healthy Chytil in the lineup would have created a ton of issues for the opposition and he could’ve been used in variety of different situations. I like what Drury did but in creating a SC winner I’d take Chytil over Wennberg 10/10.

I really liked K'Andre and Schneider together. They could have potential as a pair in the future.
The future is now.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Jones had a solid game. I’m really impressed with his game despite being out of the lineup for ages. This dude might be a player. You have to give him credit for not complaining about playing time. I’m sure it’s helped him gain strength by spending more time in the gym.
He is definitely a player. The team works better, is more enjoyable to watch, when they get out of their zone & transition effectively. Which they do more with him than without.

Unfortunately management doesn't prioritize that, so we always have these defensemen who get stuck in the zone & are known for shot blocking.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rempe

pick 'em Kreider - Tro - Kakko, who looks better + better w/Cuylle

ps -- not saying you heard it from me FIRST,
but do remember who was dropping Rempe's name early on...
(youth in general + Rempe/Edstrom/Robertson in particular)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Couldn’t believe my eyes watching Roslovic carry the puck. NYR never acquire guys that play like him. Always some overhyped big name hobo

They really tried. They desperately tried to get the most washed slowest injury riddled guy they could in pacioretty first but he turned them down. So they had to settle for the fast skilled zone entry machine instead

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
New guys made their lines noticeably better.

Not much of a Trouba hater, but i'm warming up to it. His absence was noticeable but not for the right reasons.

Igor looks fully back. Made some big saves early.
I don't think people can "judge" the Rangers to be better off w/o him. They played the "checked out" Blues, not a team that wants to make the PO's. The Blues see what happened around them. West is rough going.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

We all spent the night praising miller Schneider and deservedly so but not for nothing trouba miller end up in the same spot here most nights too. This is called playing against the other teams top line every night. I rather have trouba and Schneider in the lineup than Schneider and jones come playoff time.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The problem with that disallowed goal is the play is called a goal so it is now a dead play. Rangers could have put the rebound in to make it a sure goal but now the play is dead so we are f***ed.

NHL really needs to re-evaluate alot of these reviews. Goalie interference, kick ins, etc.. these reviews are a literal coin toss where we can see the same thing a week later called the other way

I still say the nhl should not be in the business of pulling goals off the board. If a puck breaks the plane of the goal line just like football. It’s a goal. Period. And get rid of the offside review.

Imagine? God forbid we add some more reasons for fans to enjoy themselves at the games

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Jones had a solid game. I’m really impressed with his game despite being out of the lineup for ages. This dude might be a player. You have to give him credit for not complaining about playing time. I’m sure it’s helped him gain strength by spending more time in the gym.

He prob replaces Gus next year at minimum. Gotta figure at least one or both lindgren and Gus are gone and jones is a regular

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's too bad Jones isn't a few inches taller. Really like the kid but it's obvious he will never get a chance here. I am surprised a team with a ton of picks like Arizona wouldn't trade a 2nd or couple of thirds for him.
Just checked. Jones 5'10", 176
Ruhwhedel 5'11", 191

Jones DESERVED this game, and hopefully more coming. Now, if Chad were larger (not sure how physical though, nor his strengths) then maybe they should play him.
Want Jones to have a REAL opportunity with a string of games.
We have Rempe to protect him now.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I worry about Trouba against all teams. But look I understand the concern, he’s got his warts. But the puck movement and his ability to play fast makes a big difference.
Somebody tell Jonesy that I have offered my cooking. That'll fatten him up a bit!

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but I'm REALLY liking our bottom 6 now and even the first line looks like a factor with Roslovic.
Me too. I kind of called it. Mika and Kreids can either get with the program, OR continue to try and do their thing, while Roz does his. He was very involved everywhere.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We all spent the night praising miller Schneider and deservedly so but not for nothing trouba miller end up in the same spot here most nights too. This is called playing against the other teams top line every night. I rather have trouba and Schneider in the lineup than Schneider and jones come playoff time.

Even leaving Trouba performance aside I think we see some “natural” chemistry between Schneider and Miller.

Re. Trouba - I really hope this forced break gives him an opportunity to reset and comeback less prone to blunders. Would be huge for the whole D.

He prob replaces Gus next year at minimum. Gotta figure at least one or both lindgren and Gus are gone and jones is a regular
Trouba - Jones could be a really good 3rd pair.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Watching him fly around out there all night, Lafreniere is legitimately looking like a first overall pick. I swear, if you didn’t know anything about these players and were just watching you’d be like “yeah 10 and 13 are star forwards” no question. Lafreniere legit looked like the best skater on the ice half the game tonight. Every time he’s out there he’s smooth and silky and flying and creating chances.

So true. If you watch him it’s very impressive. Silky is the best way to describe him

It isn’t often that he gets knock off the puck anymore, and his vision and newly found skating ability allows him to keep it on his stick and also steal it back.

He’s becoming a master at reading the play and everything he does with a purpose and a confidence. He is really something to watch.

Improving his skating did wonders for him. He plays with a pace and it doesn’t look forced, it’s natural. And that was the one big knock on him coming into the league. He’s figured it out.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
This month can define us as a big time playoff contender. The next 10 games couldn't be any tougher, playing 7 playoff contenders, with all 10 having winning records. And of the 3 not in a playoff position, 2 are really tough home town rivalries. NJ tommorrow, and the Isles a few games after, who are knocking on the door for a spot in the post season. 2 points behind Detroit with 2 games in hand.

Gotta hand it to Drury for his approach this year at the trade deadline. No Showtimes or Tarasenkos this year. He just looked for missing pieces of a puzzle. Top line right wing and 3rd line center. Huge. Both former 1st round picks. Both with playoff experience. That leaves Brodzinski and Edstrom in reserve, strengthening our depth. And again, just like last year, without giving up anybody. Kudos to Drury.

Smashing return to action, couldn't have gone any better. Shesty putting that softy behind him. The whole team coming out ready to play from the get go, and not letting up. Very strong return.

This year seems different from last season. Coming out of the all-star break winning 10 in a row, I'm hoping we might do something similar after the TDL. And against this month's lineup, that would be amazing.

Last edited:

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
the new additions looked good. the defense was much improved last night without Trouba. Jones is a really good player.

anyone questioning whether Rempe should play in the playoffs needs to watch this game. he was awesome, he had like 4 scoring chances, drew a penalty, made a couple nice defensive plays. i honestly think he can be even more than just a 4th liner. i may be crazy but he kinda reminds me of Milan Lucic from 15 years ago.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This month can define us as a big time playoff contender. The next 10 games couldn't be any tougher, playing 7 playoff contenders, with all 10 having winning records. And of the 3 not in a playoff position, 2 are really tough home town rivalries. NJ tommorrow, and the Isles a few games after, who are knocking on the door for a spot in the post season. 2 points behind Detroit with 2 games in hand.

Gotta hand it to Drury for his approach this year at the trade deadline. No Showtimes or Tarasenkos this year. He just looked for missing pieces of a puzzle. Top line right wing and 3rd line center. Huge. That leaves Brodzinski and Edstrom in reserve, strengthening our depth. And again, just like last year, without giving anybody up. Kudos to Drury.

Smashing return to action, couldn't have gone any better. Shesty putting that softy behind him, Coming out ready to play from the get go, and not letting up. Strong return.

This year seems different from last season. Coming out of the all-star break winning 10 in a row, I'm hoping we might do something similar after the TDL. And against this month's lineup, that would be amazing.

Shesty putting that softy behind him is huge. Earlier in the season he'd have one bad game and it would turn into 5 or even 10.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
We all talk about Mika and how crappy he's been.

But hes a really streaky goal scorer.

Best thing is to see him blow up at the right time. Im not counting on it, but its a possibility.

And yes, you gotta give Jones a ton of credit.

Kid has been working his ass off and waiting and when he gets his chances hes making the best of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad