3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
BTW, the Blues are a case study into why it might makes sense to not take for granted finishing high in the standings and not hoarding picks and going for it if you can intelligently. Two seasons ago they were one of the best teams in the league. Last two seasons they were hot garbage.
Maybe I am misintemperated, but, imo that would be a case for making sure you keep as many high picks as you can, if you can improve the team by other means. Because being at the top is not a guarantee, neither is going deep into the playoffs, and you'll always need to restock and have a steady flow of cheap talent ready to be plugged into the lineup.

I didn't love trading a 2nd for Wennberg, it is what it is, but based on last night it looks like a good fit and so does Roslovic. But we still have the 1st and our top young players with more on the way. This can ensure they'll be competitive long term. Competitive but I'm not convinced we beat FLA, CAR, COL, VGK, etc.

I have mixed feelings.

On one hand, trading a 2nd was dumb. On the other hand the moves on paper look good and last night looked good. Some games this team looks like they can win the cup, others I want to throw my jersey out the window. They kept their future intact for once, but they also probably didn't do enough to beat the best teams.

I am pumped for the game tomorrow against NJ.

Reactions: mas0764

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe I am misintemperated, but, imo that would be a case for making sure you keep as many high picks as you can, if you can improve the team by other means. Because being at the top is not a guarantee, neither is going deep into the playoffs, and you'll always need to restock and have a steady flow of cheap talent ready to be plugged into the lineup.

I didn't love trading a 2nd for Wennberg, it is what it is, but based on last night it looks like a good fit and so does Roslovic. But we still have the 1st and our top young players with more on the way. This can ensure they'll be competitive long term. Competitive but I'm not convinced we beat FLA, CAR, COL, VGK, etc.

I have mixed feelings.

On one hand, trading a 2nd was dumb. On the other hand the moves on paper look good and last night looked good. Some games this team looks like they can win the cup, others I want to throw my jersey out the window. They kept their future intact for once, but they also probably didn't do enough to beat the best teams.

I am pumped for the game tomorrow against NJ.

The point is that if you have a good team going for it makes sense. St. Louis is a weird case because they were good for a while, unlike NJ who sucked and was good for a year and then sucked again. Honestly, the pendulum swung in the other direction for me. "True rebuilds" are hardly ever successful. Way more teams just suck for half a decade plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad