wse.gif
|Mikael Nord
wcz.gif
|Jiří Gebauer
wse.gif
|Johannes Käck

Dares

May 13, 2009
Imagine the support Latvia will the getting during the game.
The crowd will go mental. Hope it helps the guys.
The USA guys played bad, they just want to get out, go home and forget about it, not stay and play another 2 games. Might be wrong but i see them coming out relaxed. USA to Div 1 : :)

nahcmo

Mar 2, 2011
USA should take this easily. But I hope it's not going to be a complete blowout to at least keep this a little interesting.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
If Latvia would just stop having mid-game collapses against the top teams, they'd be right in the thick of things. They've yet to play good hockey for more than 30 mins a game. You also have to wonder if they're going to try and preserve their energy for the game against Denmark tomorrow. All their games so far have been back to back, with the tougher team on the first day. Not a great set up when you're already lacking in skill and confidence. Girgensons really has to step up. He's been nearly invisible the entire tournament, and when he's not, it's because of hits, not goals. If he doesn't shape up here, he'll need to have an excellent end to the regular season to have any hopes of remaining a first round pick.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I have a gut feeling that this is going to be a record-breaking blowout today. Latvia has nothing to gain from this game - everything is going to depend on the game vs. Denmark, irrespective of the result against USA. I wouldn't be surprised if we'd play with our third goalie and rest a couple of players.

While for the US this a completely different matter, no doubt they're eager to show that they are not where they're supposed to be.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
While for the US this a completely different matter, no doubt they're eager to show that they are not where they're supposed to be.

Heh, I doubt it. Most of these kids won't be back next year, they don't give a ****. The tournament ended on friday for the U.S.

The Canada game was at least a rivalry game. Really doubt they care how bad they beat Latvia, if at all.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
I have a gut feeling that this is going to be a record-breaking blowout today. Latvia has nothing to gain from this game - everything is going to depend on the game vs. Denmark, irrespective of the result against USA. I wouldn't be surprised if we'd play with our third goalie and rest a couple of players.

Latvia simply got to preserve energy for the game tomorrow. Test some PP/PK combinations, while trying no to loose to big.
It is really bad luck for the team to have to face Denmark - in the most important game of the tournament for both - with a day less rest than the Danes. It is bad tournament planning to say the least.

ffenliv

Jan 2, 2009
Anyone have a stream for this one? I'd like to be able to check in from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad