GDT: Relegation Round • Jan. 2 • Switzerland 4, Denmark 3 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Nice that we got a point, at least.

Everyone always knew it would come down to Denmark's game against Latvia to decide which team went down. Hopefully the boys can get a W, but in terms of depth of talent, I do think Latvia is a bit better than we are. Anyway, the game against the Swiss shows that we can be competitive if the talent gap isn't huge. With the main hockey nations, it is and will likely remain huge, so we get beat up.

Next step for Hockey Denmark is to somehow develop an ace goalie and some more competent defenders. I would say that is the main difference to the Swiss both at junior and senior level. By now they can often hang with the big boys because they have respectable D and goaltending.

Amen to that...

I think the problem is when don't have alot of players looking special from the get-go you tend to put the ones that does up front... all of them.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
TBH he has only played in the SEL for two months, and while he has been lights out in that period we can not be sure that he will maintain that level.

Yes, but the truth is, that he has just continued the play from the Danish league and last years IHWC. I didn't think that he would be able to just continue, but it seems he can...

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Frederik Andersen says hi.

IMO even if Frederik Andersen continues to play at his current level he is an exception. Patrick Galbraith and Sebastian Dahm has had limited succes in any other country then Denmark. The next in line is Christian Møller and Nikolaj Nørbak I think. Our depth isn't that nice and it shows at these kind of tournaments. Last years tandem(Lasse Jensen-Feuk) wasn't to impressive either.

And even to call Frederik Andersen an ace... Shouldn't he at least move on from SEL until we call him an "ace"? The best goalie Team Denmark have had in a while, sure. But wouldn't call him an ace yet... if things keep going for him perhaps :)

On topic: Nice self confidence boost for the Danes but nothing usefull point-wise... As we suspected from the get go it's all on the Latvia-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad