GDT: Release the Andersson! Flames vs. Wings 11/9/2017, 7:00 PM MT

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This Flames team has all the pieces to be a good team; it’s taking a while to get it all together though.

That defence is second to none when healthy and playing well. Elite piece in Johnny. Amazing top line complimentary piece in Mony, excellent second line and a young and high potential third line. A goalie playing above average.

It just needs to click.
Funny how the team has started to look good when our best players are playing (well minus Hamonic).

I'm also sad I missed the Janko goal

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Funny how the team has started to look good when our best players are playing (well minus Hamonic).

I'm also sad I missed the Janko goal

He just had it go off his upper legs, nothing to write home about. Still a good start!

We’re really close to having our best team on the ice. Insane how long it takes the coach to not have Bartkowski or Stajan in the lineup.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, pretty funny how much better the team looks without the dead weight dragging it down.

Probably just a coincidence though.
It’s almost like not getting trapped in our D zone by a dumb play or poor puck management actually leads to successful break outs and attacks. It also helps we can keep the puck in the zone when attacking.

Keep Bart eating popcorn all year please. He’s garbage.

Reactions: Calculon

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
It’s almost like not getting trapped in our D zone by a dumb play or poor puck management actually leads to successful break outs and attacks. It also helps we can keep the puck in the zone when attacking.

Keep Bart eating popcorn all year please. He’s garbage.

You mean like the first two minutes of the game?

Granted two minutes is much better to a whole period, but lets not pretend this team had a perfect period either.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I haven't been able to watch, at work. Johnny's looked good?!

He’s like someone with a 99 player on an old NHL video game. The puck won’t leave his stick and he’s making fools on the ice.

Reactions: Sk8M8

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Gaudreau with the new slashing rule, ie. doesn't get whacked 90 times a game = whole new level of good. Can actually use his insane stick handling skills and speed to play hockey.

The game is a lot funner to watch when players can actually use their skill.

Reactions: Calculon and Sk8M8

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
No it hasn't, he deserves all the crap that has been spewed his way. He's awful. There are no positives to Gulutzan's coaching.
giphy.gif

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah everyone loves Stajan, but I’m fine with Lazar as our 4C. Also not having Bart play is a good thing. I like the energy we are playing with.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
You mean like the first two minutes of the game?

Granted two minutes is much better to a whole period, but lets not pretend this team had a perfect period either.

Those 2 minutes also didn’t end up in the back of our net like they would have with Bart on ice.

I’m also not saying we’re playing perfect, but our 3rd pairing doesn’t look like a total disaster like it does when Bart’s on ice. It looks somewhat competent.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Wow, Andersson actually uses his stick when playing defense?

Bartkowski is in the press box going, "LOL idiot, that's not how you defend, your supposed to cross check a guy endlessly and ignore the puck".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad