Confirmed with Link: Reimer to San Jose - Stalock+Smith+conditional 4th for Reimer+Morin

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose

There isn't a GM out there that would not trade their 3rd round pick for an appearance in the finals.

It was quite clear when TMac was released, the signings of Ward and Paul Martin, plus the trade for Martin Jones in the off-season, DW was going for the cup, and not rebuilding.

It was absolutely nice to see DW no longer glossing over defense, but actually focusing on it and doing something about it.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
At least we got our money's worth out of our 1st round pick. Lots of teams would've paid a 1st pick for a short term rental like Ladd.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
A 3rd rounder, i.e. the 61st to 90th OA, 3 drafts from now, for a solid backup, with starter experience, when the incumbent was clearly incompetent, and the playoffs looming?

That trade is a no-brainer. I was aghast at the prospect of Stalock playing important games if Jones was out with an injury, not to mention the almost certain loss when Jones was given a game off.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A 3rd rounder, i.e. the 61st to 90th OA, 3 drafts from now, for a solid backup, with starter experience, when the incumbent was clearly incompetent, and the playoffs looming?

That trade is a no-brainer. I was aghast at the prospect of Stalock playing important games if Jones was out with an injury, not to mention the almost certain loss when Jones was given a game off.

This trade will be at least the difference of having home ice vs not having home ice if Tampa does advance to the SCF tonight. I think they had one or two fewer less points? I think it's safe to say from what we saw out of Stalock, we finish with at least 2 or 3 fewer points if he played those late season Reimer games instead.

Or Jones gets beat up on from having to play them, and probably runs out of gas in the last round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad