Confirmed with Link: Reimer to San Jose - Stalock+Smith+conditional 4th for Reimer+Morin

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Those were in the original animated movie right?

I watched that in the theater as a kid. There was a swearing line in that movie that I never saw again. The entire theater full of parents started booing. It was hilarious, even then!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Those were in the original animated movie right?

I watched that in the theater as a kid. There was a swearing line in that movie that I never saw again. The entire theater full of parents started booing. It was hilarious, even then!

Yeah, they were.

And yeah there was swearing. A couple of times. Fun fact: The studio actually put the swearing into the movie with the specific intention of getting its rating upped. I could go into a lot more detail, but that's outside the scope of this thread :laugh:

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Yeah, they were.

And yeah there was swearing. A couple of times. Fun fact: The studio actually put the swearing into the movie with the specific intention of getting its rating upped. I could go into a lot more detail, but that's outside the scope of this thread :laugh:

Post it in the OT thread if you want then. I hadn't even thought of it until now, but I was really young at the time and it was a hilarious and lasting memory.

On topic, I know Nighthock said "duh", but literally no one mentioned it and related it instead to something else, so I had to state the obvious. :laugh:

Also, I hope dude keeps wearing that mask next season. They roll a 60/40% split, see who remains consistent in the minors then decide what's next. I have a feeling Optimus is gonna get paid though.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
He should've gone with a Sharkticon

450px-TFLegendsApp-Sharkticons.jpg
Hell yes!

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Must be Reimers turn tonight.
He should be good enough after Babcock let him peak in November.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Happy for Reimers second shutout with the Sharks.

Since the deadline Reimer got 4 starts and 1 goal against in EV.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Anxious to see what kind of money and term he wants. It would be great if we could hang on to him for another couple of years.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Anxious to see what kind of money and term he wants. It would be great if we could hang on to him for another couple of years.

Yeah, that's probably not happening. The last thing Reimer wants is the tug of war he's had in Toronto to be a starter. Calgary is probably the best destination for him.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Yeah, that's probably not happening. The last thing Reimer wants is the tug of war he's had in Toronto to be a starter. Calgary is probably the best destination for him.

Well, except for the fact that this is his first real experience of having a GOOD team in front of him. Calgary, at least this year, was not a good team. Nor is there any guarantee they will be next year, either. Based on just how happy he seems to be playing behind an actually competent D group (that grin last night :nod:) he might not want to go back to playing for a team that's a dumpster fire in front of him, even if it does mean he gets to start. So, he might be interested in playing here for a year or two until some potentially better starting opportunities open up than the ones in Calgary or Carolina.

Plus, going to Calgary is getting himself and his family back into the Canadian media fishbowl once more, though not as intense as in Toronto, of course. Still, after his wife's experience after the playoff series loss, they may want to stay away from up there. As several players have found, playing here in SJ is a really good atmosphere for players. No overbearing media, fans are generally respectful, great weather, etc.

So, there are a few reasons why he might decide to stay, and I hope he does. That said, I do think he'll get an offer to be a starter somewhere, for more money than we'd be willing to give a backup, and he'll probably take it. Especially if some team like, say, Dallas, manages to shed itself of its current heavily under-performing goalies through trades, and wants to upgrade by bringing him in.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
James Reimer,

I put so much trust in you, put all my vcash on you, and you ...

that's really not good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad