Prospect Info: Reid Schafer makes Canada WJC Squad

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Who was the guy that Stauffer was eluding to from the athletic? Must've not had Reid making the team, but had 4 guys on his list making the team that didn't even make the invite list lol.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Could see him playing a role like Kassian/Foligno did on that 10-11 Team. Those guys chipped in a bit on the scoresheet, but were absolute wrecking balls every shift.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He kind of reminds me of Corey Perry.
I don't see that at all. Besides the fact that I don't think he has that agitating aspect to his game, he seems to score almost exclusively with his shot while Perry lived in the crease.
Somebody made a Josh Anderson comparison, I can see that.

Regardless, good on him for making the team but I wonder if it has to do with his size more than his ability. Apparently, it's a bigger team than usual this year.

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
I don't see that at all. Besides the fact that I don't think he has that agitating aspect to his game, he seems to score almost exclusively with his shot while Perry lived in the crease.
Somebody made a Josh Anderson comparison, I can see that.

Regardless, good on him for making the team but I wonder if it has to do with his size more than his ability. Apparently, it's a bigger team than usual this year.

He has size and ability. Should be able to contribute in whatever roll the team has for him

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Hell of a draft pick. Thank you for blooming late Reid.

I like the Hartnell comparison too. It's hard to find comparable players because they don't have the goal scoring ability he does but Hartnell fits in other ways

Tanner Jeannot is a good comparison I think.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I could see him filling that same gritty third line scorer role, but Jeannot is on another level as far as grit/toughness goes.

Agreed, but if RS somehow doesn't make it as a scorer he has multiple paths to the NHL. Grit is sort of a mindset and he has elite tools. He could be anything really.

I watched most of his games online this year and I'm stupid high on him. I agree with whoever said he's not like perry, but he's difficult to play against and very punchable while also being lethal around the net like Perry is

I'm interested to watch him at the WJC. You may not see it there but he can score every type of goal at the junior level. Svechnikov comp seems odd but he really is a shooter. Josh Anderson is a good comp because he's also a modern PWF that goes to the net.

When he hits development camp the hype is going to be insane imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad