Prospect Info: Reid Schafer makes Canada WJC Squad

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Massive achievement. Shaefer hits another quality development benchmark. Will be fun to watch how his heavy game fits into the team and tournament. Next on the draft+1 list will be an extended Dub playoff run in Seattle.

Congratulations to Reid Shaefer. Time to visit his Draft Thread again and throw shame on some of the funny, negative declarative opinions made on his selection. ;)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Any idea where he slots in the lineup?

I see 5 local boys combined. Nice to see.

Also had no idea Dylan Guenther was released to team Canada. Thought last I checked he was doing pretty well in Arizona.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I haven’t closely watched the juniors in years. Maybe this year will be the year. Interested in seeing the Bedard hype.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Yes, better to say nothing or bitch
Or stop bamboozling you into believing our drafting is top notch and our prospects are great. How many years has Bob been doing that to you? I don't take pleasure in your perplexity and I insist Bob stop abusing your sensibilities.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Or stop bamboozling you into believing our drafting is top notch and our prospects are great. How many years has Bob been doing that to you? I don't take pleasure in your perplexity and I insist Bob stop abusing your sensibilities.
Kinda funny where a late 1st rounder makes Canada WJC team in the year of his draft and some complain that someone is complimentary.
Better to pump the tires of a guy and agent who are inciting problems like no one else in the org in 20 years. Thats the smart play

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I haven’t closely watched the juniors in years. Maybe this year will be the year. Interested in seeing the Bedard hype.
I expect good things out of him simply because he looked pretty decent last time.

Wright and Guenther are two others I'm curious to see. Guenther producing decently at NHL level and Wright has a big chip on his shoulder. Dropping in draft, being benched and going to the AHL. Seems like a guy with something to prove.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Thomas Milic makes the team and has been passed by twice in the NHL draft if I am not mistaken, why? He is not a cookie cutter 6'4 200 size wise goalie.

Good experience for Shaffer, imo you get just a wealth of experience in this tournament playing with the best players under pressure.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad