Post-Game Talk: Regression! | Jets win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Stompin-Tom-300x200.jpg

Meant to add this last night but ran out of time (aka it was already 3 am and had to get to bed).

Winnipeg Jets pay tribute to Stompin’ Tom Connors.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Thought that as well, kind of makes you wonder why Meech was stuck in the minors with Postma, Redmond, Jones, Flood, Oduya etc. manning the Jets blueline for the past 1 and a half years.

He has had some untimely injuries, hope he stays healthy he will be a huge help down the stretch. Can't believe how calm he is with the puck in our end, I am very imperessed!

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I find the grief laughable over on the other side.

If you cheer for a team that hasn't won a championship in almost 50 years, and the best you have to fling at the opposition's fan base is "yeah, well your team used to play somewhere else you Thrasher fan your mother wears army boots and your breath smells of elderberries and you like the Blue Jays", well that's pretty weak sauce and more of a shot at the former city for the team, not the current one.

But then there's a lot of pollution in Toronto so I expect it has had some Pejorative Sluring effects on the intellectual capacity levels of the average Leaf fan.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
What's their reason? I'm always curious why someone would decide to support another team over your home team. Unless of course the obvious I grew up there or some other legitimate reason (family member plays for them etc.).

Probably grew up with their parents being a maple leafs fan. My kids are born in alberta but I'm hoping they grow up Jets fans cause daddy is. But I'll be be ok with them cheering for the local Oilers to.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
What's their reason? I'm always curious why someone would decide to support another team over your home team. Unless of course the obvious I grew up there or some other legitimate reason (family member plays for them etc.).

When you go 15 years supporting a team and investing yourself in them, it is tough to drop them immediately. I'm coming around but it's still a 1A-1B scenario.

I think playoffs would wipe a lot of "old" teams out of people's heads and bring them over.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Money phoooooooone. I made a gif.

iIhAL6L24QCkQ.gif

Just because this is quoted on pretty much every page...

The money phone was ringing off the hook.

Also I really hope Wright pots his first goal in a home game, 'cause he deserves to hear the roar of MTSC for all the effort he puts out. Of the few guys new to a Jets jersey this year, he's definitely the one I'm the most hopeful to see stick around.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
When you go 15 years supporting a team and investing yourself in them, it is tough to drop them immediately. I'm coming around but it's still a 1A-1B scenario.

I think playoffs would wipe a lot of "old" teams out of people's heads and bring them over.

It was actually much easier for me to throw the Leafs under the bus than I thought it would be.

One of the great things about being a Leaf fan before the Jets return to WPG is that I didn't have to get used to etching a struggling team. I had balready been a fan of one for years.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
I find the grief laughable over on the other side.

If you cheer for a team that hasn't won a championship in almost 50 years, and the best you have to fling at the opposition's fan base is "yeah, well your team used to play somewhere else you Thrasher fan your mother wears army boots and your breath smells of elderberries and you like the Blue Jays", well that's pretty weak sauce and more of a shot at the former city for the team, not the current one.

But then there's a lot of pollution in Toronto so I expect it has had some Pejorative Sluring effects on the intellectual capacity levels of the average Leaf fan.

The one thing I've come to realize about the average jaded Leafs fan is they derive pleasure from wishing misery on others. The only joy those types get is seeing others fail. It's a terrible way to live, but if it's all you've got... :shakehead

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Nothing like a good 'ol "day after a Leafs loss re-read of their GDT/PGT" to put a smile on your face. :handclap:

Their misery makes me so, so happy:)

Good.....let the hate flooooow through you. :)

I'm reading through their GDT and PGT now during lunch. A delicious accompaniment to my sweet chili chicken.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
As much fun as it is discussing a win, the endless talking about Leafs fans, Toronto, etc. is just played out and tired.

To be honest, it makes us look so insecure. At any rate, on to the next.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad