Post-Game Talk: Refs 2-Leafs 1 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Exactly. Washington has no problem finding Ovie. Tampa has no problem finding Stamkos. Yet we have two players in Nylander and Matthews on each side and we can’t find one opportunity for them to really wire it. A little concerning.
Coaching?

Or is the goal to get the puck to Tavares who stands in front while the puck is moved around?

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Last night they had no David Krejci or Taylor Hall, playing their backup goalie and we lost.

With Marchand and McAvoy missing the start of the season they were suppose to barely get in with old Bergeron and Krejci. Give them some credit, they beat us with B squad yesterday. You don't hear about adversity they face because they keep on winning.. without Marchand,McAvoy,Bergeron or Krejci. Next man up.
I am envious of them and their depth.

Exactly. Washington has no problem finding Ovie. Tampa has no problem finding Stamkos. Yet we have two players in Nylander and Matthews on each side and we can’t find one opportunity for them to really wire it. A little concerning.
It’s actually mind boggling

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
What would that do to the pairings?

McCabe - Brodie
Rielly - Lilj
Gio - Holl

Feels like you need to keep Holl and Rielly apart snd Brodie - McCabe together
I was thinking of that too. I wouldn't want to touch the Brodie and Gio pairs, and Rielly-Lilly you can't really trust. Schenn is likely playing game 1 anyways, but lets say game 1 goes sideways, and you do decide to get Lilly in, then what do you do?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I didn’t think the refs were that bad. Seemed like a pretty well called game.

The Schenn call was horrible, the rest of them seemed fair. What I question is within seconds of the Lafferty goal, the Zebras are so eager to call one against us, Lafferty scored at 11:34 and Zebras try to even it up at 12:32 with that horrid call on Schenn. It's a repeatable fact that if you are Toronto and score against Boston the Zebras will, not all the time, but frequently call a PIM against you right after you score.

What would that do to the pairings?

McCabe - Brodie
Rielly - Lilj
Gio - Holl

Feels like you need to keep Holl and Rielly apart snd Brodie - McCabe together

Lily wont see a playoff game unless someone is injured or plays really really bad

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
To the few of us that were talking about how the Bruins fans think we get all the calls, this is why. Thier commentator is Homer to the max or he just doesn't understand what the instigator penalty is :dunno:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Well going down to Scotia early for a Poterhouse at Hot Stove before Leafs v Habs .. big shout out to Sammy baby .. whatta job keeping team in game early when we should have been blown out .. and Lafferty well folks he earned a spot in game 1 for me in Beantown .. we need more Lafferty .. where da hell was big 4??????????????????????????? .. folks like I have always told you guys playoff grind it out hockey is not about da big 4 .. but they need to play grind it out too .. they are part of our team and they need to grind too .. Willy especially has just gone to freakin sleep .. Mitch and Matty aren't gonna do much except produce on specialty teams .. neither has separation speed which is needed when games increase in speed by 10% soon and they dont have room to show their skill .. but they still need to compete like other lines do .. JT needs to move to wing asap no more time wasting at C .. he needs practice time Keefer on LW ..

All in all a great grinder game and a preview for a series against Tampa except amp up da speed .. Schenner common now high yes but put some mustard on it you know better .. even then that was a great play by Carlo (what a D man) to create da goal .. can't get down on Rielly for that one folks because it was his only play and it was da right defensive play .. but honestly in a game like that one REFS common man let da boys decide it man .. even if it was a stick infraction it was not egregious and in overtime it was a BS call in an even steven game .. made me puke .. brutal homer call by Jacobs .. in fact entire OT was a Bettman/Jacobs joke .. sorry but da truth must be stated .. let da boys decide da game by themselves .. Bruins don't need help .. an undeserved win in my books

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
I would love to be able to read a post-game thread that didn't have you blaming Leaf fans for justifiably calling out garbage officiating.
Blaming officals for losses is a self defense mechanism for insecure fans. Sure, there are SOME games where bad calls are made that hurt your team, but they go both ways. There are just as many calls that go for the teams (including the Leafs) as against. Just as a fanbase we tend to ignore the calls for us and just focus on what hurt us. Most of the time it is just something to complain about for those who need to feel better after a loss that they can whine about something.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Blaming officals for losses is a self defense mechanism for insecure fans.
Officiating deserves to be called out when it is bad. If you're not calling out bad officiating, but calling people names when they do, you're simply perpetuating a broken system. Sometimes calls will benefit your team. Sometimes calls will hurt your team. But bad officiating hurts the sport, which in the end, hurts everybody.
And if you think all teams have those pluses and minuses even out, especially in critical moments, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Reactions: Gilmour1996
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad