Proposal: Redesigning the Canes

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Simpsons Canes Unis.jpg

Burns: Can you explain your uniforms young man?

Homer: Well, basically I just copied the uniforms we have now.

Burns: Hmmmm

Homer: Then I added some black pants to lower winning percentage. And this black helmet here I feel is pretty sharp.

Burns: Agreed. First prize!

Reactions: AD Skinner

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Little more refined this time around. Scrapped the grey and went with the 2 tone red we currently use on the flag stripe and cleaned it up a bit... And of course, I got rid of the tails, it just never did what I hoped it would.

I feel like this one could actually be used as a main logo. I like it for its simplicity, and seems to be in the same vein as the Flyers, Bruins, Blues, etc.

Canes5.png

So obviously, I closed the loop, but I did that so I could add the triangular notches, which are supposed to represent the RTP.

Last edited:

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Little more refined this time around. Scrapped the grey and went with the 2 tone red we currently use on the flag stripe and cleaned it up a bit... And of course, I got rid of the tails, it just never did what I hoped it would.

I feel like this one could actually be used as a main logo. I like it for its simplicity, and seems to be in the same vein as the Flyers, Bruins, Blues, etc.

View attachment 530913

So obviously, I closed the loop, but I did that so I could add the triangular notches, which are supposed to represent the RTP.

Ok so this doesn't look bad. I like the RTP reference. Here's the thing, I was never and will never be a Whalers fan, I'm a Canes fan period. They have been the Canes longer at this point so I could care less. So to me the whole let's incorporate the C, H, RTP blah blah into the logo seems like trying to hard to hold on to the Whalers. Let's be honest the Canes even with their down years have been so much more successful than the Whaler and no one really gave a shit about them till they were gone and ESPN started talking like the best team ever was moved. I mean seriously they had trouble filling a 15,000 seat barn in a mall!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad