Proposal: Redesigning the Canes

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
To add give me something new and unique to the triangle or the Carolinas something that represents and our area. Its why I really like the idea of an alt logo with pirates of some sort

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
One more tweak and added to the jersey template I posted earlier. What do you think? Personally, I think this really works, and could actually see this in use.

JerseyConcept2.png

And then, we could even add these as shoulder patches to complete the look:

Patches.png

Reactions: The Jerk Store

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
could we use the current flag configuration the third jersey? Have a slanted C to match the slight slant of the flags? Maybe separate the flags so slightly that they look like an H would?

That current C and H just looks too plain, for me.

I like the shoulder thing, as long as we tone down the star. It is the size of the letters on the flag which makes it look smaller and less Texas like.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
could we use the current flag configuration the third jersey? Have a slanted C to match the slight slant of the flags? Maybe separate the flags so slightly that they look like an H would?

That current C and H just looks too plain, for me.

I like the shoulder thing, as long as we tone down the star. It is the size of the letters on the flag which makes it look smaller and less Texas like.
I like it for its simplicity, to be honest.

I do agree with @Derailed75 that something pirate themed would be cool, and red/black could work really well there.... But I'm not sure we can have something based off ECU's mascot playing home games at PNC. Team would steer clear of that just because.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I like it for its simplicity, to be honest.

I do agree with @Derailed75 that something pirate themed would be cool, and red/black could work really well there.... But I'm not sure we can have something based off ECU's mascot playing home games at PNC. Team would steer clear of that just because.

I agree would need to be completely different. I'm thinking like a skeleton pirate. Did Ward have one on a mask?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yeah but then if you go skeleton pirate, there aren't many directions you can go that isn't extremely derivative of either ECU

iUXcMqaIdSiDhFX-1600x900-noPad.jpg

or the Milwaukee Admirals

800px-Milwaukee_Admirals_logo.svg.png

And the main reason for that is you can't go overly detailed with the logo or you make an absolute mess of it in use on a jersey. I've always thought, if we did go pirate themed, we'd do something with maybe a silhouette of a pirate ship with full tattered sails in a storm. But... if you did that, you'd have a hard time avoiding likeness of Tampa Bay Bucs and their secondary logo

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ffiles%2F2014%2F02%2Fcurrentbucslogo.png

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Pirates are a cool mascot but this team isn't called the pirates. My 2 cents is to lean hard into the flags- they're simple, abstract, easy to recognize, match the colors perfectly. It might look cheesy and 70s-tastic but I dont think I'd hate just having two square flags on the chest- no circle, no stick, no wind effect, just plain old squares. Actually I love cheesy and 70s-tastic so i'd go ahead and bring back flag waist stripe too. Maybe not put it on the sleeves/socks but I'd be into trying it. Maybe even have a stripe of them down the side of the pants like the lightning have that lightning bolt. I love the flags is what I'm saying

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Yeah but then if you go skeleton pirate, there aren't many directions you can go that isn't extremely derivative of either ECU

And the main reason for that is you can't go overly detailed with the logo or you make an absolute mess of it in use on a jersey. I've always thought, if we did go pirate themed, we'd do something with maybe a silhouette of a pirate ship with full tattered sails in a storm. But... if you did that, you'd have a hard time avoiding likeness of Tampa Bay Bucs and their secondary logo

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ffiles%2F2014%2F02%2Fcurrentbucslogo.png
The picture on Wards helmet looks nothing like any of those. Also I wouldnt want it as a primary logo, but it would be cool as a alt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad