Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings vs Jets - Fri Mar 2 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
You get extreme feelings on every player by every fan base. It’s the way things are.

I do find it interesting that the team save percentage fluctuates with the general fan opinion on Buff... and that’s with sv% moving in the same direction even with Buff off the ice...

I do view Buff to have quite some variability in his play and that his poor defensive impact is caused from effort more than talent which is an issue in itself, but I do know he’s a great guy that drives wins in the long run, and Jets will rely heavy on him without Trouba, and now especially without Enstrom.

Reactions: GNP and Festinator

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I hope we don’t lay a coiler tomorrow.
We have played poorly against the Wings for several games inexplicably.
I know Buff was in the line up for all of them but not Laine so it’s Buffs fault :sarcasm:
GJG

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I watched the Wings play last night, they have some good players on that team, d is sketchy, and if Howard is in net shoot glove hand top corner.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm a super fan of any player that makes the Winnipeg Jets a better team and Buff does just that , i'm not a huge Enstrom fan but we are a better team with him than without so i'm a Enstrom super fan too . :yo:

Reactions: Ducky10

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I have a feeling we'll finish in 2nd place, and the Wild in 3rd --or visa versa, which means we'll have to beat the Wild in a playoff. I think we can.

I also have the same feeling that Dallas will finish in 4-th spot, and the Preds in 1st place, and those 2 teams will play each other. Preds likely win that series.

I wish, and still hope we can finish in 1st place, and we're not to far out, especially if we go on a win streak, and then beat the Preds with our 2 remaining games against them.

If we finished in 1st place, then we'd have to play Dallas, and that's a matchup I like for the Jets.:thumbu:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I have a feeling we'll finish in 2nd place, and the Wild in 3rd --or visa versa, which means we'll have to beat the Wild in a playoff. I think we can.

I also have the same feeling that Dallas will finish in 4-th spot, and the Preds in 1st place, and those 2 teams will play each other. Preds likely win that series.

I wish, and still hope we can finish in 1st place, and we're not to far out, especially if we go on a win streak, and then beat the Preds with our 2 remaining games against them.

If we finished in 1st place, then we'd have to play Dallas, and that's a matchup I like for the Jets.:thumbu:
I believe that teams #1 and #2 in the conference play wild card teams #8 and #7. There is no #4 seed to my knowledge.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
It would be poetic if st louis can put together a win streak and finish 3rd in the central, I wouldn’t rule out playing them in the 1st round just yet

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I believe that teams #1 and #2 in the conference play wild card teams #8 and #7. There is no #4 seed to my knowledge.

I thought that #1 in each division plays a wildcard team then #2 plays #3 in each division. Not quite sure how it works.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
1 in conference plays 8 and winner of the other division plays 7....
2 plays 3 in both divisions.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

#1 in conference plays wild card 2
#1 in opposite division (from above) plays wild card 1

#2 & #3 in each division play each other with the winner advancing to play whoever won in the battle between the #1 in their division against whatever wild card opponent they played. If the season ended today...

Central:
1. Nashville 87 pts (conference champ)
2. Winnipeg 83 pts
3. Minnesota 79 pts

Pacific:
1. Vegas 87 pts
2. San Jose 77 pts
3. L.A. 75 pts

Wild Cards
1. Dallas 76 pts
2. Anaheim 74 pts

Central Playoffs:
Nashville vs Anaheim
Winnipeg vs Minnesota

Pacific Playoffs:
Vegas vs Dallas
San Jose vs L.A.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Detroit's trounced us twice, 5-1 and 7-1. We have not whomped them yet so I feel it's time for a good ol' beatdown.
CVJq18J.png

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Well that's good - I wasn't to sure how the 2 Conferences crossed over, and how the wild card teams fit in ?? Maybe the Jet's can finish 1st or 2nd in the Pacific Conference. I guess that's why they played Anaheim in 2015 -1st round ??

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Well that's good - I wasn't to sure how the 2 Conferences crossed over, and how the wild card teams fit in ?? Maybe the Jet's can finish 1st or 2nd in the Pacific Conference. I guess that's why they played Anaheim in 2015 -1st round ??

The Jets are in the central. The only way we can play a Pacific team in Rd 1 is to win our division or to finish as a wild card team. That doesn't seem likely right now.

In 2015 we played Anaheim because they had the best record and the Jets were the last wild card team.

2014/15 Standings
IMG_0612.jpg

Reactions: GNP
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
The Jets are in the central. The only way we can play a Pacific team in Rd 1 is to win our division or to finish as a wild card team. That doesn't seem likely right now.

In 2015 we played Anaheim because they had the best record and the Jets were the last wild card team.

2014/15 Standings
IMG_0612.jpg

The Jets could have a totally different fate had St. Louis beaten Anaheim in tie breaking criteria. Perhaps we win the first round? If so we likely don't draft Connor. Stronger chance the Jets would have kept elements of that team together & not fallen so far down the standings the following year to have been in the lottery where we got Laine.

Jets played St. Louis late in the season March 19th, were down 1-0 with 6 minutes when Stafford scored to tie it. Jets went on to win in a shoot out.

Two weeks later the Jets played St. Louis four days before the season would end, winning 1-0. Thorburn scored. Pavelec stood on his head & was first star.

Stafford, Thorburn & Pavelec all ex Jets, but without those heroics this team isn't what it is today.

what if.jpg

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Too many days between games damnit .:pullhair:
I am really looking forward to the game tomorrow...fridge is stocked with beer...I didn't get a chance to watch the last game so I haven't seen Stastny play for the Jets yet.
I will be paying close watch to Myers and Hendricks as I have been having some heated discussions with a buddy that thinks Myers is a high 2RHD and I say his a a high 3RHD or poorer 2RHD at best. He also thinks Hendricks should start in the playoffs and I don't think he should be in the lineup next game let alone with Lowry back!

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I am really looking forward to the game tomorrow...fridge is stocked with beer...I didn't get a chance to watch the last game so I haven't seen Stastny play for the Jets yet.
I will be paying close watch to Myers and Hendricks as I have been having some heated discussions with a buddy that thinks Myers is a high 2RHD and I say his a a high 3RHD or poorer 2RHD at best. He also thinks Hendricks should start in the playoffs and I don't think he should be in the lineup next game let alone with Lowry back!
Totally agree , only way Myers is a high 2RHD is if he is paired with Morrissey , otherwise he is a low 2RHD . He doesn't process the game fast enough and for a guy his size he should be able to muscle guys off pucks better .

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Thanks for that Aavco- I meant to say Western Conference, but instead I said Pacific Conference.

I know the Jet's are in the Central-- now I know the other "division" is the Pacific and of course--- the Central and Pacific divisions are in the "Western Conference."

I do understand how this will all shake out now Aavco--I should have asked you in the first place- your "the book of knowledge on here." :)

I get the picture !!!

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Man, your still fighting over that Myer's Ducky !!! -- I do strongly agree with your friend as I think Myer's is definitely a "high 2 RHD." I don't think you'll ever like Myer's though because he's not a tough or gritty type of D-man. He's more of a white collar player--and you like the tougher "blue collar players" like Trouba and Buff. I just don't see how you cannot like a D man that will score 40-45 points this year-he's part of the reason the Jet's are where they are.

That's OK--we all have our favorites for different reasons. For me--I don't care if he's tough or not--I only care if he's good, and I love offensive defenseman. I also like Buff, and he's the tougher "blue collar type D-man. It doesn't matter to me--I'm a Jet's fan first.

To each their own !!! -- I'm afraid you'll have to live with Myers--and he might even grow on you.;)

PS-- I do agree with you on Enstrom and Hendricks though !!! and also RNH or Eric Stall-- you have a good hockey mind--except for Myers.:thumbu:

Last edited:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So , who do we start in net tomorrow ? Probably should be Hutch but i would start Helly so he can get his mojo going again .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad