Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings vs Jets - Fri Mar 2 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Toby still not on the ice? Frankly I am getting more and more pissed at Morrow trade, not only did we trade a 4th but the team is now actively worse than it would have been had they just stood pat and played Poolman instead. Postma could have been had for free, Cody Franson could have been had for future considerations, Michael Kempny went for a 3rd, instead we spent a 4th on a #8-9 type d-man who now we are forcing to play his offside. It's like Chevy found a free bus ticket lying on the floor in Postma but instead decided to spend money to buy a 25 year old car that is missing an engine.

Reactions: GNP

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I did say "certain" but I don't know why you think Laine is some sort of whipping boy. That is a pretty ridiculous notion. He gets a ton of love on this forum. I absolutely love the guy. But yes I do find faults in his game.

In reality the biggest whipping boy on the team is and always has been Buff IMO
Nope Myers has supplanted him.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Gettin' back into game shape I see. Hope that Mason recovers fully and is ready to go down the stretch. I have confidence in Mason, and I feel like he's the best option for our backup going into the playoffs.

Hasn't played an AHL game since Oct 2008. Called up after three games and never looked back

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I got stuck and fixated (and mildly outraged:madfire:) to that alleged madness about Wheeler... Sorry.

Had to count.

Wheeler has total 22 points shared in Laine's total 53 points. Wheeler has some role in 41.5% of Laine's all points, and direct primary point with Laine in 15 goals Laine participated too => 28.3% of Laine's all points, and he has 1st assists in 10 0f 31 Patrik's goals => 32.25%

That kind 'non-passing anchor' Mr. Wheeler The Captain of Winnipeg Jets is to our beloved Patty. Ha!

(I notice myself it's soon the time to go sleep. Know your broken mind, know your enemy.) Good night! :)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Penguins are very special. They double/triple shift and make "lines" up like crazy. I would say they have the line blender out every game, however, I'm not sure they even buy into the concept of "lines".

It's somehow similar how our familiar Chiarot-Byfuglien "pair" was neither a first, second, or third pair. It was the #1 guy with the #6 guy playing some shifts.

typical Penguins:

playerUsage-2017020868-PIT.png

playerUsage-2017020951-PIT.png
Just for comparison, this is an example of a pretty typical Jets game:
playerUsage-2017020759-WPG.png

The lines are the lines unless there's an injury or things are really off the rails.

Reactions: Se829ne

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Newsflash: Maurice doesn't think very highly about the +/- stat.

Says they are more interested in chances for and against

Reactions: Festinator

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
It's like Chevy found a free bus ticket lying on the floor in Postma but instead decided to spend money to buy a 25 year old car that is missing an engine.
I'm also thinking that there were better options out there, and that they perhaps could have been more aggressively pursued. But I don't think there's any way they would have considered bringing back Postma. That's not a reflection on him as a player either but rather how things went for him here (and maybe the treatment he got.) The coach didn't seem to like putting him on the ice...

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player audio: Wheeler, Morrow & Hellebuyck.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: How important were the last two day of practice for Paul Stastny and Joe Morrow? Status of Enstrom? What are his plans for Mason/Hutchinson? On wanting to get Hellebuyck rest and how much is setting it aside for what is to come? Do they have to balance out rest with playoffs? On whether he uses +/- and looking at it with respect to the Wheeler line. Does he see a changing of the guard with the Hawks/Blues out? Where does he envision Jack Roslovic carving out his spot in the NHL? On the climb of Connor/Roslovic which has allowed them to get acclimatized quickly. On the importance of the young players in the playoffs. On the Jets teams. On the difference in the standings between this March 1st and last and what is that attributable to? On Scheifele fighting.

To listen click here.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You can't be serious. Are you not reading this forum?

Buff gets so much unwarranted grief on this forum it's crazy. The difference is there isn't a wave of posters from Roseau coming in to argue and defend him. I will occasionally but mostly I just let it slide.

Buff has actual haters on this forum. People who want him off the team. I don't think anyone here wants Laine gone.
Buff also has blind superfans. What does that have to do with the Jets vs. the Red Wings?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Buff also has blind superfans. What does that have to do with the Jets vs. the Red Wings?

What does this have to do with me? It all started with someone incorrectly claiming Laine is some sort of whipping boy.And also claiming Buff gets nothing but love in this forum

I'n neither blind nor a superfan BTW. I just am better at accepting Buffs warts than some because I also recognize all the good stuff he does. I like the trade off

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
What does this have to do with me? It all started with someone incorrectly claiming Laine is some sort of whipping boy.And also claiming Buff gets nothing but love in this forum

I'n neither blind nor a superman BTW. I just am better at accepting Buffs warts than some because I also recognize all the good stuff he does. I like the trade off
In your own opinion.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
I agree, Jets need Brandon ****ing Tanev and his energy!
The outrage that would have occurred if someone had said this in September (I would have been one of them) however I have seen the light and agree. He is the Tasmanian Devil and good things usually happen when he is on the ice. As others have said "he makes opposing players look over their shoulder" and if they are doing that they are not making great passes to get the puck out of their D-zone so quickly.

Really don't know what PoMo will do when Lowry comes back as Copp-Lowry-Armia is a great line for playoff hockey. While those 3 take on other teams top lines that could let the new ESL line feast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad