GDT: Red Wings @ New York Islanders - FSD - 7:00 EST

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Glad I was able to catch the 3rd period. Entertaining period and a great game for trade value!

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
We hung on for two periods, mostly by committee (nobody really stood out, but everybody did their part). The only terrible player was Justin "Take a penalty" Abdelkader. Then in the third we exploded. Holy crap, this is the best I've seen our defensemen play on the offense all season! Even DeKeyeser got his first assist! But the main accolades of course go to Larkin and Z. Great games from both.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
We hung on for two periods, mostly by committee (nobody really stood out, but everybody did their part). The only terrible player was Justin "Take a penalty" Abdelkader. Then in the third we exploded. Holy crap, this is the best I've seen our defensemen play on the offense all season! Even DeKeyeser got his first assist! But the main accolades of course go to Larkin and Z. Great games from both.

You stole my thunder! That was astounding with how great the Islanders were in the 1st and 2nd. Barzal was everything advertised. But then the sheer will of Zetter started owning Tavares; Larkin showed his experience over Barzal as the game dragged on. NY simply ran out of gas... or Greiss killed their spirit lol. I disagree about Abdelkader. Watching his shifts closely I noticed 4 or 5 times, whether by poking or kicking, he kept the puck moving in the offensive zone. He was winning some battles which is all I'm asking for at this point.

Add another team to the list that might be interested in Mrazek. :naughty:

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
How can people actually watch the games and openly root for the wings to lose? I can see boycotting the games and not watching them at all and hoping they lose, but to watch and hope they fail? ******ed.

As the OP of the tank tracker thread, I'll say...

I actually cheer for them to win if I'm watching. Which is most of the time. But with how many losses they've had this year, a positive spin was needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad