Red Wings at the Deadline II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
"I sure do as well. But contrary to your belief, I think Kronwall would have scored more than 2 goals. Also if Kronwall was on that team, I think he would have more impact. I think you are underestimating Kronwall. He's a huge part of our team and has alot of influence in how this team executes the system. (maybe I'm bit biased because I like Kronner)

Also I dont care if Myers is playing on the worstest team in history of NHL. If he's getting all the opportunities to produce, (5-5 and PP opportunities) he should damn be scoring more than 2 goals if Sabres wants that kind of package.

That's my preliminary evaluation. I would prolly add more after I watch bit of his next game."

while i certainly agree kronwall would likely have more than two goals, the difference between two and his current 5 isnt in fact all that much, especially for an upper echelon dman who many consider to be top 15-20 in the world.

if one was to switch myers for kronwall on the 2014-2015 Sabres i would easily think kronwall would have closer to 15 pts then the current 28 he has on the 2014-2015 DRW.

kronwall, an upper echelon dman would have no real net benefit over myers to the current buffalo sabres.

the sabres would still be dead last in the league, dead last in goals for and goals against, dead last in pp and pk, dead last in shots for and shots against and dead last in offensive vs defensive zone time

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
"I sure do as well. But contrary to your belief, I think Kronwall would have scored more than 2 goals. Also if Kronwall was on that team, I think he would have more impact. I think you are underestimating Kronwall. He's a huge part of our team and has alot of influence in how this team executes the system. (maybe I'm bit biased because I like Kronner)

Also I dont care if Myers is playing on the worstest team in history of NHL. If he's getting all the opportunities to produce, (5-5 and PP opportunities) he should damn be scoring more than 2 goals if Sabres wants that kind of package.

That's my preliminary evaluation. I would prolly add more after I watch bit of his next game."

while i certainly agree kronwall would likely have more than two goals, the difference between two and his current 5 isnt in fact all that much, especially for an upper echelon dman who many consider to be top 15-20 in the world.

if one was to switch myers for kronwall on the 2014-2015 Sabres i would easily think kronwall would have closer to 15 pts then the current 28 he has on the 2014-2015 DRW.

kronwall, an upper echelon dman would have no real net benefit over myers to the current buffalo sabres.

the sabres would still be dead last in the league, dead last in goals for and goals against, dead last in pp and pk, dead last in shots for and shots against and dead last in offensive vs defensive zone time

I know Buffalo is a lost cause but i could imagine Kronwall having more impact than Myers.. and that's pretty much where I would stop this what if scenario. It's not like I was asking Myers to singlehandedly carry Sabres or anything... if he was anything close to that, he wouldnt be traded.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
There are around 16 positions on ice I would worry about before 4th line W/C

Yep, you don't make trades just to make trades. Particularly if you're Ken Holland. You need to address your biggest shortcoming and by far that is a right-shooting/passing, offensive defensemen. If you want to go cheap and pull a Quincey you trade for Jeff Petry who stands a very good chance of signing a new deal with Detroit.

wingsfan33

Jun 12, 2013
I'd personally want someone on the 4th line who would knock the crap out of guys in the playoffs , think we need more gritty guys

Chris neil for cheaps would be good or someone like him ... 5 yrs younger would be perfect

bert2z

Dank budz and death metal.
Jan 22, 2013
Michigan
This would probably make more sense as a off season trade as to not upset chemistry but,

TOR
Phaneuf
Franson

DET
Smith
Sproul
AA
2015 2nd

Too much? Too little? Dont know if this would work under the salary cap or not. Take 'er easy on me this is my first trade proposal.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

If you're this high on a guy not stepping up and proving his worth on a crappy Sabres team, then you should be in love with Jeff Petry who is outscoring Myers on a crappy Oilers team.

This would probably make more sense as a off season trade as to not upset chemistry but,

TOR
Phaneuf
Franson

DET
Smith
Sproul
AA
2015 2nd

Too much? Too little? Dont know if this would work under the salary cap or not. Take 'er easy on me this is my first trade proposal.

Wings would need to free up another spot on defense for it to work. Too many dman

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

TOR
Phaneuf
Franson

DET
Smith
Sproul
AA
2015 2nd

Well it seems way too high for me, don't want anything to do with that Phaneuf contract.
Wings would need to free up another spot on defense for it to work. Too many dman
I think it would work (just send XO+Marchenko down), but still.. not something I'd want to do.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Strange I'd rather have Fowler than Myers go figure.

i would be highly skeptical of reports the Ducks would in fact move fowler for myers let alone adding to fowler

that said, myers has easily been one of the most scouted players this year i would imagine and if teams are still calling/still interested then they're clearly seeing something some posters dont have the eye or skill set or experience to see

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
If anything, Fowler for Myers would be a sideways move, maybe a little backwards. Plus, Fowler has a lot better of a contract. Anaheim only has one righty on D (Vatanen), two if you count Lovejoy who has been a scratch lately. But as our team has shown this year, handedness isn't everything, so I would avoid this trade if I was Anaheim.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
There's no way Anaheim gives up Fowler for Myers.

No GM with even one functioning brain cell does that. If it had been offered to Buffalo, Myers would be wearing a Ducks sweater right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad