Post-Game Talk: Red Hot Devils in Ottawa, Thursday 7:30 pm on TSN

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Hey what about this guy... man out one game and they forget about him
cut.jpeg

Poor Boro. Honest opinion... he's looked pretty good too, no complaints from me.

Reactions: Boud

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Uh, Ceci has been good for the most part. Thompson and Burrows have been mediocre at best.

There is a difference between not meeting expectation, ok, bad, really bad and mediocre.

I think you should learn the difference.

Burrows has start bad but his level of play has gone up without stats to show for since the game in vancouver. He isn't meeting expectation statistically but is he mediocre? I can't even say he is bad, he's just there with nothing more.

Thompson has done a very good job on the PK, which was the reason he was signed in the first place.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Agreed. Hard to complain when we're winning and even out shooting our opponents this year. We've looked solid in all areas for the most part.
I would like to see the 3rd (-Hoffman) and 4th lines contribute a goal hear and there. Pyatt has made a couple nice passes for goals

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
There is a difference between not meeting expectation, ok, bad, really bad and mediocre.

I think you should learn the difference.

Burrows has start bad but his level of play has gone up without stats to show for since the game in vancouver. He isn't meeting expectation statistically but is he mediocre? I can't even say he is bad, he's just there with nothing more.

Thompson has done a very good job on the PK, which was the reason he was signed in the first place.

What are you even talking about? First you tell me I should learn the difference, then you spell out basically what mediocre is, which is what I said. I think you are the one that is confused.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
What are you even talking about? First you tell me I should learn the difference, then you spell out basically what mediocre is, which is what I said. I think you are the one that is confused.

No, mediocre is a guy who cost your team again, and again and that negative is exceding massively the positive. Is Burrows costing the team? No!!! His Burrows doing positive things? Yes! Is he dominating? Unfortunately no especially with the salary he is doing. but he is doing quiet that aren't shown on that stats sheet.

If you are mediocre, you a pure negative, which cannot be said of Burrows and Thompson.

So yeah, i think you should learn what mediocre means.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would use mediocre as synonymous with middle of the road, comme ci comme ca , so so, run of the mill, middling, neither good nor bad

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I would use mediocre as synonymous with middle of the road, comme ci comme ca , so so, run of the mill, middling, neither good nor bad

Middle of the road or comme ci comme ca is OK/Bad.

Mediocre is like the worst of the worst. Is there something worst then mediocre? If i want to say how bad someone is, is there something worse then that? I am genuently asking lol

If GSN think that, than fine we will simply won't agree on what Thompson and burrows has bring thus far and i'm fine with that. But the use of mediocre is way overused around here to explain what worth of X or Y

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Middle of the road or comme ci comme ca is OK/Bad.

Mediocre is like the worst of the worst. Is there something worst then mediocre? If i want to say how bad someone is, is there something worse then that? I am genuently asking lol

If GSN think that, than fine we will simply won't agree on what Thompson and burrows has bring thus far and i'm fine with that. But the use of mediocre is way overused around here to explain what worth of X or Y
Sceg60.jpg

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I know I'm in the minority, but I really hate having Smith on that line with Turris and Dzingel.

I feel like flipping him and Hoffman is great for both lines.

With Hoffman listed on the 3rd line, it looks like Boucher is trying to balance every line between scoring and speed 5 on 5. What I really dislike is Smith getting power play time, hopefully Brown gets that time tonight.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
With Hoffman listed on the 3rd line, it looks like Boucher is trying to balance every line between scoring and speed 5 on 5. What I really dislike is Smith getting power play time, hopefully Brown gets that time tonight.
I think Smith would be better on the 3rd line and Hoffman would be better on an offensive line.

Reactions: TopChed65

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Omfg. Yeah, let's give the 20 goal scorer, get to the dirty areas guys pp time to some rookie with one NHL game. No thanks.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Omg. Than my apologies to GSN. Haha. Maybe i was using that word unproperly all this time. To me, there is like nothing worse then saying someone is mediocre, but if it kinda means average or merely adequate, then i'm the one at fault in my understand and usage of that word. And also i then think it can be use to describe the play of the 2 players concerned.

My apologies GSN. I will eat my word this time :laugh:

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Omfg. Yeah, let's give the 20 goal scorer, get to the dirty areas guys pp time to some rookie with one NHL game. No thanks.
Unfortunately most of his goals happened at even strength. In fact, Smith has 6 powerplay goals in 480 NHL games and 13 goals shorthanded. 61 were at even strength.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Smith is a 20 goal scorer like Ryan is a 30 goal scorer.

You don't actually expect him to score 20 ever again do you? Cause that's bonkers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad