Rebuild/Tanking Thread/Tank Nation Squad GDT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Indeed. I just can't see that top 3 changing even marginally to be honest. They're all so close talent wise. It just depends on who's drafting.

Here's the thing about that top 3. before the WJC, Sokolov was considered #1 by quite a few and a lot of folks thought highly of Krys as well. Mind you, Chychrun looks ridiculously good, but Benson has been talked about for years as being the next one. I didn't buy the hype to that point, but he is super talented

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Puljularvi - Big Finnish winger and as said he may have Kovy/Ovy potential, he has an elite shot. I think he's easily a better Finnish prospect than Barkov. Was playing in the Ligga league but is frustrated by the chances he wasn't given on it, he's in the junior league now.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1482359&page=24
Chychrun - 6'2 LD, Playing top pair on Sarnia and is similar to Doughty IMO.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1541429&highlight=chychrun&page=6

Chychrun beside Letang :laugh:
sc26q4g.jpg

damn, better watch out for that rko

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Here's the thing about that top 3. before the WJC, Sokolov was considered #1 by quite a few and a lot of folks thought highly of Krys as well. Mind you, Chychrun looks ridiculously good, but Benson has been talked about for years as being the next one. I didn't buy the hype to that point, but he is super talented

As long as we're in a position to have the luxury to choose next year, I'll be happy. Obviously the rankings will change though. Just depends where.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Puljularvi - Big Finnish winger and as said he may have Kovy/Ovy potential, he has an elite shot. I think he's easily a better Finnish prospect than Barkov. Was playing in the Ligga league but is frustrated by the chances he wasn't given on it, he's in the junior league now.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1482359&page=24
Chychrun - 6'2 LD, Playing top pair on Sarnia and is similar to Doughty IMO.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1541429&highlight=chychrun&page=6

Chychrun beside Letang :laugh:
sc26q4g.jpg

A 25 year old 16 year old

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Bruins are hurting pretty bad.

Losing 4-1 and a potential Krejci injury. Long term injury to him would be devastating for them.

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
Then it will all come down to team position at the draft. Do we go for defence or wingers? The common formula to win is to build out from the net. We'll see come next draft, haha.

Depends on our moves as well. Seen plenty of proposals and rumors where we get D prospects. Just in the last week I've heard Theodore for Phaneuf, Bowey for Bozak... If we get a trade or 2 like that, maybe adding a player like Puljujarvi is more realistic. All comes down to what we do after we draft McDavid :nod:

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
As long as we're in a position to have the luxury to choose next year, I'll be happy. Obviously the rankings will change though. Just depends where.

That's mostly my point. You take what the draft gives you. BPA all the way and don't worry about next year, or the year after.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
4 wins in last 28 games.

This might be one of the worst Leafs teams assembled in long long time.

Imagine had we gone 500 during our hot streak?

I honestly predict we finish 29th. Edmonton is playing much better and we currently can't beat anyone. I'm not even sure we'd beat Buffalo right now :laugh:

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
4 wins in last 28 games and losing 16 of their last 17.

This might be one of the worst Leafs teams assembled in long long time.

Don't forget the lowest scoring month in team history :sarcasm:

I'll say one thing though, they couldn't have chosen a better time to turn the suck meter up to 11.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario

I honestly predict we finish 29th. Edmonton is playing much better and we currently can't beat anyone. I'm not even sure we'd beat Buffalo right now :laugh:

I believe it. Their fans want to trade coaches at this point

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

Can we stop this? Please?

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Depends on our moves as well. Seen plenty of proposals and rumors where we get D prospects. Just in the last week I've heard Theodore for Phaneuf, Bowey for Bozak... If we get a trade or 2 like that, maybe adding a player like Puljujarvi is more realistic. All comes down to what we do after we draft McDavid :nod:

If we draft McDavid and have a top 3 pick next season I will cry tears of joy. :cry:

What a start to a rebuild that would do.

Theodore for Phaneuf sounds amazing for us!

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
This man knows.

Top of the draft looks stacked. Puljujarvi is putting up impressive numbers in the Finnish top and 2nd tier leagues, Matthews is putting up Eichel like stats, and Chychrun already looks like a top level OHL dman as a 16 year old rookie.

Man, the US are pumping out elite talent. Eichel, Hanifin this season, and then Matthews and Chychrun next draft

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Don't forget the lowest scoring month in team history :sarcasm:

I'll say one thing though, they couldn't have chosen a better time to turn the suck meter up to 11.

The last time the Leafs played this poorly and lost this much they drafted #1 overall and took Wendel Clark.

History has a way of repeating itself as the saying goes.

Its amazing to think this team had 41 points after 31 games and managed just 10 points in their next 28.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

28th or 29th for sure if I'm being completely honest. We're horrendous right now. It will just come down to Arizona passing us. And if we continue to lose at this pace, it's possible they pass us.

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
If we draft McDavid and have a top 3 pick next season I will cry tears of joy. :cry:

What a start to a rebuild that would do.

Theodore for Phaneuf sounds amazing for us!

And them, to be quite honest. They've got a ton of young defenceman and their window is now. Something around Theodore and Phaneuf makes a ton of sense for both sides. But I digress, hope we can just keep losing!

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Top of the draft looks stacked. Puljujarvi is putting up impressive numbers in the Finnish top and 2nd tier leagues, Matthews is putting up Eichel like stats, and Chychrun already looks like a top level OHL dman as a 16 year old rookie.

Man, the US are pumping out elite talent. Eichel, Hanifin this season, and then Matthews and Chychrun next draft

Born there, developed here

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

Well it's to make up for the lack of talent since like 2008. :laugh:

They've been kind of dry since then. Next draft is very American heavy at the top.

Ideally for me:

Arizona gets Matthews, we get Chychrun and whoever is near us get Puljujarvi.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
The last time the Leafs played this poorly and lost this much they drafted #1 overall and took Wendel Clark.

History has a way of repeating itself as the saying goes.

Its amazing to think this team had 41 points after 31 games and managed just 10 points in their next 28.

Meanwhile breaking 3 Franchise records (and not good ones) afterwards. Not even the 80s Leafs lost at this pace. Impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino