Rebuild/Tanking Thread/Tank Nation Squad GDT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Oilers must be really confused. Playing against a team with Dubnyk in net, they must be like, "I thought scoring on this guy was easy"

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I know matthews is the arizona kid who are the others?

Pulj I believe is Finnish IIRC. Dominant winger and is blowing away numbers Barkov put out in his draft year and still has games in hand. Chychrun is a first year defence man but probably one of the best defensive prospects in the last couple of years. Unanimous top 3. Sean Day used to be in there but his lack of hockey IQ dropped him a lot.

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
Edmonton is down 2-0. so... in tough

The Oilers are tank master generals so it really isn't that surprising. But the Leafs have shown tons of promise these last few months. As soon as Winnik is either traded or gets the tanking memo we'll give Oil a run for their money.

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
Pulj I believe is Finnish IIRC. Dominant winger and is blowing away numbers Barkov put out in his draft year and still has games in hand. Chychrun is a first year defence man but probably one of the best defensive prospects in the last couple of years. Unanimous top 3. Sean Day used to be in there but his lack of hockey IQ dropped him a lot.

Puljujarvi is Finnish. He's in the range of 6'2-6'3 at 16, looks a lot like Ovie, especially in the way he plays. *I AM NOT SAYING HE IS OVIE* but he's a shooter, played very well at the World Juniors as a 16-year old and was simply snakebitten. Will throw the body too.

Chychrun does look super composed, definitely top 3 if not the #1 guy by the time its all said and done as far as I'm concerned.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
More than a year away it's hardly set in stone. There's plenty of guys near all three of those players level. Sokolov, Krys, Benson all could be in the mix

Indeed. I just can't see that top 3 changing even marginally to be honest. They're all so close talent wise. It just depends on who's drafting.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I know matthews is the arizona kid who are the others?

Puljularvi - Big Finnish winger and as said he may have Kovy/Ovy potential, he has an elite shot. I think he's easily a better Finnish prospect than Barkov. Was playing in the Ligga league but is frustrated by the chances he wasn't given on it, he's in the junior league now.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1482359&page=24
Chychrun - 6'2 LD, Playing top pair on Sarnia and is similar to Doughty IMO.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1541429&highlight=chychrun&page=6

Chychrun beside Letang :laugh:
sc26q4g.jpg

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So we were in a playoff spot on January 8th. Now we could potentially finish bottom 2. Has that ever happened before? That's an epic level of collapse turning into a tank really fast.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Puljujarvi is Finnish. He's in the range of 6'2-6'3 at 16, looks a lot like Ovie, especially in the way he plays. *I AM NOT SAYING HE IS OVIE* but he's a shooter, played very well at the World Juniors as a 16-year old and was simply snakebitten. Will throw the body too.

Chychrun does look super composed, definitely top 3 if not the #1 guy by the time its all said and done as far as I'm concerned.

Then it will all come down to team position at the draft. Do we go for defence or wingers? The common formula to win is to build out from the net. We'll see come next draft, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad