Rebuild/Tanking Thread/Tank Nation Squad GDT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Ollie with the shot 12 feet wide .:.. Lol ! Leafs are purposely missing.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Quebec guy Paradis? Went for Versteeg maybe?

which turned into Percy (or biggs?)
so it ends up being an "All's well that Ends well" scenario (unless it was for Biggs then it's still. not so good)

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
We are the furthest thing from set on defense. There is literally nothing coming that will be better than what is here, and what is here, outside of Rielly, is terrible for a cup contending team

I wasn't talking about us being settled like that.

I meant if we traded for Ekblad with the deal he proposed. We'd have our top line set for 10 years at least. We have at least 1-2 guys projected to be top 4 (Percy being one of them) and shoring up the rest with good FA signings make it a lot easier to contend with good defence. But again, this was all hypothetical.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
Hey look, Kim jonj un got the Bernier/JVR/Old Clarkson/ any other premadonna TML hockey haircut

Kim_Jong_Un_Haircut.0.0.jpg

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Man, the Canes can't score. I feel like they need 1 more because I feel like the Leafs have 1 more in them but time is running out so maybe not.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I wasn't talking about us being settled like that.

I meant if we traded for Ekblad with the deal he proposed. We'd have our top line set for 10 years at least. We have at least 1-2 guys projected to be top 4 (Percy being one of them) and shoring up the rest with good FA signings make it a lot easier to contend with good defence. But again, this was all hypothetical.

I'm a girl...
I'd think with a name like Daisy Jane....

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I'm a girl...
I'd think with a name like Daisy Jane....

The actual proposal was in the the Trade and Rumours section a while ago when I was lurking these forums. That was the price if the Leafs wanted to move up to #1.

Sorry for the misconception though. Good to have knowledgeable female fans as well. You're one of my more favourite members.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
We definitely need to target defence prospects as part of deals for Kessel and Phaneuf and with our 2nd 1st rounder assuming we don't take Hanifin.

If it's a top pairing guy sure. I feel like we're going to have lots of depth in the future with Percy, Finn, Granberg, Loov, Nilsson, etc. But we've only got Rielly as a top pairing guy. Percy and Gardiner might be able to cover the 2nd pairing, though you'd like an upgrade there as well as its only average.

I'm hoping we get a 1C this draft and go after a D next year.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I honestly think Winnik will be in Winnipeg if anywhere. There's lots of interest for him but in particular Winnipeg fans and panelists have noted they need some top 9 talent and they see Winnik as a really nice piece. And he fits in with the way the team plays.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
If it's a top pairing guy sure. I feel like we're going to have lots of depth in the future with Percy, Finn, Granberg, Loov, Nilsson, etc. But we've only got Rielly as a top pairing guy. Percy and Gardiner might be able to cover the 2nd pairing, though you'd like an upgrade there as well as its only average.

I'm hoping we get a 1C this draft and go after a D next year.

Not sure if anyone was watching him, but Valiev played amazing for Russia at the WJC and we have him. If anyone develops as another top 4 guy with Percy, it's him.

I agree with your drafting perspective. McDavid/Strome this draft. Chychrun next draft would be ideal.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Was jimmy Hayes in there too? Then really not so good.

yup. it's best not to think of those times.

The actual proposal was in the the Trade and Rumours section a while ago when I was lurking these forums. That was the price if the Leafs wanted to move up to #1.

Sorry for the misconception though. Good to have knowledgeable female fans as well. You're one of my more favourite members.

aww thanks! :)
i like your posts too! :)

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I honestly think Winnik will be in Winnipeg if anywhere. There's lots of interest for him but in particular Winnipeg fans and panelists have noted they need some top 9 talent and they see Winnik as a really nice piece. And he fits in with the way the team plays.

i would make them a package and get their 1st.
(either theirs or the one they'r getting from Buffalo).

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Keep Riemer on the bench please. Hope Carolina's coach isn't telling them how to let a goal in right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad